United States : Safety by City
- Baton Rouge
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Little Rock
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Oklahoma City
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- St Louis
- Washington DC
Fresno is the fifth-largest city in California and it has to offer many great, free activities to keep both visitors and locals entertained.
Many tourists believe that Fresno is a great place to visit for a vacation.
This is due to its location and proximity to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Yosemite, and Sequoia National Park.
The landmark that each tourist must visit in Fresno is Forestiere Underground Gardens which are considered both an interesting and unusual tourist attraction.
While you are in Fresno, you should visit all its museums and theaters as well as all the other sites which will keep you busy for the majority of your visit.
Warnings & Dangers in Fresno
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
If you have decided to travel to Fresno you should take sensible precautions. In case there is a high risk of terrorism, unrest or natural disasters while you are visiting the city, you should just remain calm and listen to the advice provided by the government.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Driving in Fresno does not have to cause you trouble as long as you are careful. Taxi drivers tend to drive recklessly. However, bear in mind that there are many instances of road accidents.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Public places crowded with people are the main locations where pickpockets tend to steal money and other valuables. Keep an eye on your belongings all the time and bring credit cards or other means of payment rather than the money.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
Unlike some other parts that experience snowstorms, this part of the USA can be struck by heavy rains during winter. Sometimes, hot periods in summer can cause forest fires.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
You can easily be mugged if you wander through dark areas not frequently visited by tourists, particularly at night.
TERRORISM RISK : HIGH
The USA is in constant fear of possible terrorist attacks, and Fresno is not an exception. Authorities cannot predict when and where the incident might happen, so tourists need to remain vigilant all the time.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
There have been some reports of tourists being drugged and then robbed. Our suggestion is to stay away from strangers and do not accept anything from them.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Even though there were some instances when women were attacked at night, we can say that this place is not so dangerous for women to walk the streets, but they need to avoid dark places so as to stay safe.
So... How Safe Is Fresno Really?
While you walk through the main streets of Fresno which contain the largest amount of historical buildings, you can feel trouble-free as long as you are watchful of your belongings and aware of the fact that pickpockets like working in crowded places.
You should never underestimate their abilities.
One suggestion related to the healthy issues when in the USA is that you should take suitable steps to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes, being that you can get some mosquito-borne diseases.
You should not be worried if a police officer asks you to show your identification.
That can be a routine control and you will need to give him/her your passport.
Bear in mind that your passport must be valid for the proposed duration of your stay.
Furthermore, you should not argue if alcohol is not sold to you, if you are under 21 years of age, as it is prohibited by law.
Natural disasters are not frequent, but in case this happens you just need to follow the advice of authorities.
All in all, Fresno would be a great place to see, and you would not experience any kind of trouble if you act as you would do in any other city in the world.
- Visas - There are two ways of getting the right to enter the country. One is by getting a visa and another is by obtaining an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) visa waiver.
- Currency - American Dollar is the official currency in the United States. Travelers can either take traveler's checks, an ATM card or a credit card, being that these are safer ways of paying than carrying around large amounts of cash.
- Weather - The city has mild winters and summers that are hot and dry. The climate is so pleasant that it attracts a lot of people throughout the whole year as it rarely gets below freezing.
- Airports - If you want to visit Fresno, you can land on Fresno Yosemite International Airport, which is both civil and military. It is the primary commercial airport for the San Joaquin Valley and three national parks: Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon.
- Travel Insurance - Wherever in the world, you decide to travel, it is important that you have travel insurance which will cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad.
Fresno Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|