Mexico : Safety by City
- Cabo San Lucas
- Chichen Itza
- Isla Holbox
- Isla Mujeres
- Los Cabos
- Mexico City
- Nuevo Laredo
- Piedras Negras
- Playa del Carmen
- Puerto Morelos
- Puerto Vallarta
- Queretaro City
- San Luis Potosi
- San Miguel de Allende
Isla Holbox is a perfect combination of relaxing vacation, great weather and amazing beauty of nature.
Bohemian atmosphere reigns here.
Streets here are sandy, with no paved roads. Instead of cars, there are street golf buggies.
The whole atmosphere says – you are in paradise.
Tourists come here to have a calm and relaxing vacation.
Many others like to watch bright murals decorating the house’s walls on the island.
Isla Holbox is visited by a lot of tourists, but fewer than in popular resorts like Cancun.
Prices on food, drinks, and accommodations could match any budget.
This is a place to chill out totally, they’re nothing to do more here.
The great escape for your best vacation.
Warnings & Dangers in Isla Holbox
OVERALL RISK : LOW
Isla Holbox is free enough of crime. Having a usual level of alert and cautious can help to visit the island without troubles.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Isla Holbox has a lot of golf cart Taxis services. It's a safe and convenient way of getting around the island.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Pickpocketing and bag-snatching are relatively minor risks in the Isla Holbox. Keep values in a safe place in the hotel, don't show up on the streets with a bunch of money.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
The risk of hurricane floods and tornadoes is high enough in this region. Before traveling, you should familiarize yourself with the situation on the island.
MUGGING RISK : LOW
Mugging is less common than pickpocketing, but if it happens good idea is to cooperate with a robber and let him take your money, so he doesn't harm you.
TERRORISM RISK : LOW
The Island is a fairly safe place, usually, there are no showdowns of cartels and drug crimes. However, as in all of Mexico, you should be alert, studying the latest news of the area.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
The level of fraud is not particularly high in Isla Holbox. Remain the usual level of awareness and avoid unsolicited conversations with strangers on the streets.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Female solo travelers can feel safe on the island. The best way to avoid problems is not to be in bars at night and don't make conversations with strangers on the streets.
So... How Safe Is Isla Holbox Really?
Despite all the stern news about Mexico’s drug-related crimes in the Yucatán Peninsula, where located Isla Holbox, it is quite free of this assault.
Most of the violations appear between rival drug gangs and don’t affect foreign tourists.
Of course, travelers should avoid any contact with drug pushers, because even small talks with them may cause police conversation.
Isla Holbox is very safe so long as you have common sense and don’t walk to the beach alone at night or using the usual level of caution.
Taking care of your bags and valuable belongings, keep it in a safe place – is the way to avoid worries.
Crime concerned tourists are rare here
Nonetheless, minimizing your risks will help guarantee you have a problem-free visit.
Pickpocketing and bag-snatching are relatively minor risks in the Isla Holbox.
But tourists should be alert to crowded places and street markets.
If a traveler meets a mugger it’s better do not resist to him to avoid violence.
Usually, these robbers want only your money.
Carry a small amount of money in a pocket when you’re going out.
Don’t leave money, credit or debit cards, wallets or bags without unattended.
And avoid leave valuables in rented cars.
How Does Isla Holbox Compare?
|Playa del Carmen||69|
|Cabo San Lucas||68|
|Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)||43|
|Siem Reap (Cambodia)||63|
- Visas - No visas required for tourist proposals to enter Mexico for many countries of Europe, US citizens and so on. You should have a valid passport and a tourist permit. The maximum possible of stay is 180 days. For a longer stay or other options, you should visit the Mexican embassy.
- Currency - The Mexican peso - is the official currency in Mexico. There are one hundred Mexican centavos to every peso. The symbol for the Mexican Peso is $, so you can see MX$ or MN$ in banks and exchange points.
- Weather - The best times to visit Isla Holbox for ideal weather are from the end of November to April. Average temperatures in Isla Holbox has little variety. The weather feels hot for half of the year and the chance of rain is low throughout the year.
- Airports - Isla Holbox has a little airport - it's even just airstrips - for private planes mostly. Travelers can reach the island from Cancun airport, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Merida.
- Travel Insurance - The medical travel insurance is recommended to do for all tourists before the trip to any country as well as Mexico. A custom officer can ask travelers to show insurance on the border.
Isla Holbox Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|