Mexico : Safety by City
- Cabo San Lucas
- Chichen Itza
- Isla Holbox
- Isla Mujeres
- Los Cabos
- Mexico City
- Nuevo Laredo
- Piedras Negras
- Playa del Carmen
- Puerto Morelos
- Puerto Vallarta
- Queretaro City
- San Luis Potosi
- San Miguel de Allende
Ensenada is a coastal city in Mexico, located on Baja California Peninsula.
Ensenada has a port that accepts cruise ships, navy base, army base, and Ensenada Airport.
The city also is known for its wine plantations.
Ensenada is part of UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network since 2015.
Travelers come here to see The National Park, Constitution of 1857, is nearby as are also the Sierra de Juarez and San Pedro Martir National Park, which maintain one of the best astronomical observatories in the country.
Ensenada’s area has many unique terrestrial or marine species inhabiting animals.
Guadalupe Island, nearest to the coast of the city, is one of the best places in the world for observing the great white shark.
Warnings & Dangers in Ensenada
OVERALL RISK : LOW
Ensenada is a calm and safety city in general. The crime risk is low and tourists here can feel securely. Police have a high level of trust among citizens.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Public transport in Ensenada is carried out by small buses called "micros". It's safe enough to travel by it. Taxi services work round the clock Passengers in a taxi are auto insured. It's recommended do not catch a cab on the street.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : LOW
The risk of being a victim of pickpocketing in Ensenada is low. But anyway travelers are recommended to keep their belongings in closet pockets and be aware of crowd places.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
The risk of tsunamis and tornadoes is high enough in this region of Mexico. Also, Ensenada often suffered from droughts.
MUGGING RISK : LOW
Mugging risk is low here and tourists can be safe till they avoid to show luxury belongings and are careful on the streets.
TERRORISM RISK : LOW
The city does not suffer from the cartels' showdowns, therefore terrorist attacks are unlikely here. It’s safe enough to be in the city both day and night. Nonetheless, tourists must take precautions and respond to police reports.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
Auto theft from foreign tourists is common here. To avoid this risk park car only clearly visible parking areas, at night park vehicle on a security guard and use at least on anti-thief protection by car.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Women traveling alone will feel quite safe in Ensenada. To avoid obsessive masculine attention, it’s enough not to stay too long in the bar here and not appear on the streets in defiant clothes.
So... How Safe Is Ensenada Really?
Ensenada has a regular port of call for luxurious cruise ships, which means a constant stream of tourists.
The city is generally secure, the index of crime is low, maybe the lowest in the whole of Mexico.
However, like anywhere, being safe means heading warnings and being aware of potential dangers in Ensenada.
As everywhere to reduce the chance of being mugged or cheated don’t talk to them who asking or offer help.
Always be careful when stepping out into a crosswalk – car drivers, not every time stop to pass pedestrians.
Ensenada is the city with the least crime out of other areas of Baja California in Mexico.
Citizens have a higher level of confidence towards the municipal police.
If you are stopped by the police, stand firm on a written citation and ask for details on how to pay the fine.
Women traveling alone will feel quite safe in Ensenada.
The main advice is not to drink much here and wearing modest clothes.
Travelers here may notice military checkpoints along the road or highways. Always stop at those places and follow instructions for cooperation.
Sometimes police can do random car selection for a routine search.
How Does Ensenada Compare?
|Playa del Carmen||69|
|Cabo San Lucas||68|
|Siem Reap (Cambodia)||63|
|Phnom Penh (Cambodia)||61|
|Niagara Falls (Canada)||87|
- Visas - No visas required for tourist proposals to enter Mexico for many countries of Europe, US citizens and so on. You should have a valid passport and a tourist permit. The maximum possible of stay is 180 days. For a longer stay or other options, you should visit the Mexican embassy.
- Currency - The Mexican peso - is the official currency in Mexico. There are one hundred Mexican centavos to every peso. The symbol for the Mexican Peso is $, so you can see MX$ or MN$ in banks and exchange points.
- Weather - Location near the Pacific and a warm Mediterranean latitude create in Ensenada mild year-round weather. The rainy season is in winter. Sometimes here happen droughts, which can threaten its grape harvests. The best times to visit Ensenada for ideal weather are from March to December.
- Airports - Ensenada has a public airport that function as commercial lines and that as the Military Airbase, operated by the Mexican Air Force. It is located 3 km south of Ensenada. It is an official airport of entry into Mexico. Currently, it only handles two regional commercial airlines, with flights within the region.
- Travel Insurance - The medical insurance is recommended for travelers before the trip beginning. As well as in other countries, the customs officer can ask you to show travel insurance.
Ensenada Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|