Mexico : Safety by City
- Cabo San Lucas
- Chichen Itza
- Isla Holbox
- Isla Mujeres
- Los Cabos
- Mexico City
- Nuevo Laredo
- Piedras Negras
- Playa del Carmen
- Puerto Morelos
- Puerto Vallarta
- Queretaro City
- San Luis Potosi
- San Miguel de Allende
Aguascalientes is the capital of the state of Aguascalientes in Mexico.
It has a metropolitan population of 1,000,000 people.
The city is located in North-Central Mexico.
This region is the safest and most prosperous region in Mexico.
Tourists come here to visit the famous national fair «La Feria de San Marcos», which lasts three weeks and attracts several million visitors every year.
Aguascalientes has the most rapid commercial and industrial development in Mexico last time.
Although this city is not often visited by tourists, Aguascalientes is well worth a visit when you’re traveling in this part of the country.
Warnings & Dangers in Aguascalientes
OVERALL RISK : LOW
Aguascalientes has low crime rates, there are not many pickpockets and tourist's mugging. So the place is safe enough for a visit.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Taxis in Aguascalientes have taximeters; they are budget and have very good value for money. Also, the city is suitable and safe for car travel, so you can rent a car here. There no so many bus lines here, so it can be hard to find the right bus at the right time.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Aguascalientes is a safe city. But you should be on alert and keep your belongings in a safe place with you. Especially during fairs, when in town comes a thousand of tourists.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
Aguascalientes suffers from earthquakes sometimes, and prolonged droughts during a year.
MUGGING RISK : LOW
Aguascalientes is one of the safest cities in Mexico, so here is a low risk to be robbed here.
TERRORISM RISK : LOW
As known, terrorism is spread in Mexico in different ways, so you should be on alert even in this place. But the city is calm enough.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
During the fair «La Feria de San Marcos» there could be some scams on entry tickets. Buy tickets in verified places. Also, be aware and not buy anything right on the streets - it mostly fakes.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Mostly in Mexico, it is safe for women to travel alone. If you wear modest clothes to avoid unwanted attention and don't enter clubs late night you'll be totally safe.
So... How Safe Is Aguascalientes Really?
As far as Aguascalientes is known as a most safe place in Mexico, it’s really not very dangerous here.
Crime in any major city in Mexico is not very different from anywhere in the world.
Be aware of your environment and you’ll be fine.
Notice the usual level of caution.
In fair «La Feria de San Marcos» time into the city comes a thousand of tourists.
If you travel to Aguascalientes at that time, you should be more attentive.
Carry a backpack or bag in front of you, keep them in your field of vision and you will not have problems with robberies.
While you are walking on the streets, just be careful with your things.
Hide your wallet and cellphone and you will be fine.
Also, Aguascalientes downtown has narrow streets.
If you are driving a big car, it may cause inconveniences for you.
And be careful with the speed bumps – there are many of these things on Aguascalientes’ streets.
The historic center and most neighborhoods of interest to foreigners are well policed, and the local force deals with few of the corruption problems that plague many parts of Mexico.
Turn on caution and avoid rough neighborhoods of the city and you should be fine while out, even at night.
How Does Aguascalientes Compare?
|Playa del Carmen||69|
|Cabo San Lucas||68|
|Sao Paulo (Brazil)||45|
|Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)||43|
- Visas - No visas required for tourist proposals to enter Mexico for many countries of Europe, US citizens and so on. You should have a valid passport and a tourist permit. The maximum possible of stay is 180 days. For longer stay of other options, you should visit the Mexican embassy.
- Currency - The Mexican peso - is the official currency in Mexico. There are one hundred Mexican centavos to every peso. The symbol for the Mexican Peso is $, so you can see MX$ or MN$ in banks and exchange points.
- Weather - The best times to visit Aguascalientes in ideal weather are between April and June or September and November. Average temperatures in Aguascalientes are variable. Considering humidity, temperatures are felt nice most of the year. Except for some cold weeks in the winter. The chance of precipitation is low most of the year.
- Airports - Aguascalientes International Airport - the main airport of the Aguascalientes region. It handles national and international air traffic for the city of Aguascalientes.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance should be done before starting your trip to Mexico. As well as in other countries, the customs officer can ask you to show travel insurance. Be prepared.
Aguascalientes Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|