Mexico : Safety by City
- Cabo San Lucas
- Chichen Itza
- Isla Holbox
- Isla Mujeres
- Los Cabos
- Mexico City
- Nuevo Laredo
- Piedras Negras
- Playa del Carmen
- Puerto Morelos
- Puerto Vallarta
- Queretaro City
- San Luis Potosi
- San Miguel de Allende
Sayulita in Mexico is one of the leading travel destinations in the world.
The perfect weather, culture, crystal clear beaches, and the luxurious Mexico villa rentals are just a few of the attractions that make Sayulita so attractive.
Sayulita it’s a great place for walking around.
It still has plenty of virgin jungles and hidden beaches.
Most travelers come here to rent ATV and take a horse ride through the jungles.
To see the real beauty of nature.
You even can rent kayaks to explore the ocean or hire a boat to take you whale watching – it’s possible from November through January.
Warnings & Dangers in Sayulita
OVERALL RISK : LOW
Sayulita is safe. Just using common sense of self-safety travelers can avoid any risks of being robbed here.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Taxi is a good and safe transport for getting around. Be sure you negotiate a price before the trip or make sure a taxi has a taximeter.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
The city is quite quiet and tourists spend a relaxing holiday here. However, if you don’t keep track of your belongings, minor thefts can happen.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
In Sayulita, there are two natural disasters that can happen -earthquakes and hurricanes. Tourists should check information about this before starting the trip.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
Mugging risk can have a place in Sayulita only if you behave carelessly with your belongings. Take normal security measures to protect your life and belongings.
TERRORISM RISK : LOW
The city is completely free from gang fights and located far from the border. Usually, it’s quite calm and safe here.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
There are not so many scams risks here. Make sure you buy tickets in a licensed place and be watchful.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Female, traveling alone can feel absolutely safe in the city. However, you must be careful on the streets, not to walk late at night and not to go to bars.
So... How Safe Is Sayulita Really?
Safety is one of the most important reasons to visit or not to visit any country or destination.
And in Sayulita, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
The small village of Sayulita located far from the border is just very safe and very popular with tourists.
The homes, villas, and rental houses are privately owned which in turn facilitates a very strong sense of community in Sayulita.
Time from time Sayulita experiences a large influx of people, along with some rare reports of crime.
Just keeping a common sense of safety tourists can avoid many troubles.
However, most crime in Sayulita is petty theft and scams.
As with anywhere, you travel, keep your doors and windows locked and utilize the safe in your hotel.
Don’t wear flashy jewelry, or carelessly display large amounts of money or expensive devices.
As with anywhere in the world, use caution when walking late at night.
Travel in groups.
Be aware of your surroundings and your own behavior.
How Does Sayulita Compare?
|Playa del Carmen||69|
|Cabo San Lucas||68|
- Visas - No visas required for tourist proposals to enter Mexico for many countries of Europe, US citizens and so on. You should have a valid passport and a tourist permit. The maximum possible of stay is 180 days. For a longer stay or other options, you should visit the Mexican embassy.
- Currency - The Mexican peso - is the official currency in Mexico. There are one hundred Mexican centavos to every peso. The symbol for the Mexican Peso is $, so you can see MX$ or MN$ in banks and exchange points.
- Weather - The best times to visit Sayulita for ideal weather are from December to April. The average temperatures in Sayulita vary little. The weather feels hot for about half of the year. Chances of rain are very low.
- Airports - The nearest to Sayulita airport is located in 37 km, in Puerto Vallarta. It's an international airport that handles domestic and international flights.
- Travel Insurance - The medical travel insurance is required for travelers in any country as well as Mexico. On the border, any traveler may be asked by a customs officer to show insurance.
Sayulita Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|