Turkey : Safety by CityTurkey - safety as a country
Kusadasi is a place crowded by tourists and what makes it different from other holiday destinations is its turquoise sparkling water of the sea, broad sandy beaches and large marina with a capacity for 600 boats.
Its closeness to Ephesus causes so many tourists to come and experience the Irish pubs, restaurants serving traditional Turkish food, discos and amazing bazaars available there so as to make a memorable atmosphere.
All in all, Kusadasi is reputed as one of the most attractive cities of the Aegean, so it can be concluded that it is definitely worth visiting.
Warnings & Dangers in Kusadasi
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Generally speaking, there is not such a great crime rate in big tourist destinations as in Istanbul, but the incidents tend to happen. There is no need to be more watchful and careful than you would be in any other city in the world.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : MEDIUM
If you need to travel to another city, you should have in mind that roads between the major cities are in excellent condition, but it is better to catch a bus than to take a taxi, due to the fact that taxi drivers are driving recklessly.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Small crimes, such as pickpocketing and robbery, are more frequent in Istanbul and Ankara, but the instances happened in other cities as well, so you should watch your belongings while enjoying the beautiful beaches of Kusadasi.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
The danger of natural disasters in Kusadasi is medium, being that this area is only prone to earthquakes and tremors.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
Most cases of mugging occur during the summer holiday period in coastal tourist areas and Kusadasi is not an exception. Make sure your expensive gadgets and money are in a safe place.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
Kusadasi is a holiday destination and it is not reported that terrorist attacks have taken place there. However, terrorists tend to choose places full of people for their attacks.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
You might be offered drinks or food which can be drugged, so do not accept anything from strangers. Drinks in bars can also be spiked, so buy your own drinks there.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
In Kusadasi, there are a lot of tourists coming from all over the world and the risk of being attacked is not so high Still, being careful, especially at night, is highly suggested.
So... How Safe Is Kusadasi Really?
Whenever in the world we go, our safety is our main concern.
People have to be aware that nobody can predict what can happen at that particular moment, and many safe places can become dangerous.
If you are concerned about whether or not it is safe for you to travel to Kusadasi, you should read the travel advice for this country and the city and get acquainted with possible dangers that might happen to you.
We can say that Kusadasi is not so dangerous for tourists as Istanbul, but still, they need to be precocious.
They are suggested not to take photos of people without their permission and to keep their belongings close to them, so as not to be robbed.
You should be extra vigilant during the night and should never accept anything a stranger offers you.
Women should be aware of the danger of being drugged through food or drinks offered.
Modest clothing will make you less attractive and at the same time, you would feel safer there.
If you have to take a taxi, find a registered yellow one and make a note of the registration number before getting in.
- Visas - Many tourists from European countries visit Kusadasi and they do not need to get a visa prior to coming if their saying is less than 90 days long. British must have a visa prior to entering the country.
- Currency - Being that Kusadasi is one of the most popular tourist destinations, there are so many exchange offices and banks available for foreigners to exchange money into the Turkish Lira or take it out of the ATMs.
- Weather - Warm and sunny summers make Kusadasi one of the most visited holiday destinations in Turkey. Winters are not cold, with no snowfall. Usually, winters are rainy with temperatures always above 0 degrees Celsius.
- Airports - Kusadasi is quite close to Izmir, so travelers can use Izmir airport which is approximately a 1hour 10 mins car ride from Kusadasi. Another airport that is frequently used by tourists is Bodrum Airport / Milas Airport.
- Travel Insurance - You can never know when you will need medical help, so you should not start your journey, no matter how long it is, without first getting the travel insurance.
Kusadasi Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|