Turkey : Safety by CityTurkey - safety as a country
If you have decided that Bursa is your next tourist destination, you should know that this city has the title “Green”.
This nickname of Bursa comes from its gardens and parks.
Travelers usually wonder what the things that they should not miss are, so we have to mention that one of those is a delicious “Iskender Kebap”, which can be found in the best Bursa’s restaurants famous for Turkish Cuisine.
Then, you must try candied chestnuts, Kestane Sekeri, is a specialty.
Furthermore, Bursa is a center of the silk trade and towel manufacturing and hand-made items can be found on Bursa’s bazaar.
Warnings & Dangers in Bursa
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Overall risk can be considered medium, as there are instances of travelers getting into trouble, but in the majority of cases, it was by their fault. Remain watchful of your belongings and conscious of your surroundings.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Road accidents are frequent due to reckless driving. You are suggested to avoid driving, if possible. Taxi drivers also drive without paying attention to the signs.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : HIGH
If you show your expensive gadgets, you might become a victim of pickpockets and robbers who usually work in crowded public places. Keep an eye on your possessions all the time.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
In case of any natural disaster, you should follow the advice given by the authorities. Turkey is prone to earthquakes.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
Passports are a frequent reason why people are attacked on the street, so be smart enough not to take it with you, as well as big sums of money.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
Being that most terrorist attacks have taken place in the south-east of the country and in Ankara and Istanbul, Bursa can be considered quite a safe place.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
Do not drink too much in a bar, as the drinks are quite strong in Turkey and keep an eye on it all the time so as no to be spiked. Do not accept the offer of a stranger to change money or to take you to a restaurant or nightclub.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
There are not so many reports about women being attacked in Bursa, but you should still stay precocious. Avoid wandering the streets alone at night.
So... How Safe Is Bursa Really?
Considering the fact that terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Turkey, people are somehow afraid of visiting this beautiful country.
That is why we decided to inform future Turkey visitors of all the possible dangers that they can expect there.
Firstly, this is a very modest country, so the Western-style of dressing can attract much attention, thus making you a possible victim of the rapers and other criminals, especially during the night hours.
Then, being that crowds are everywhere, and public places full of people are the best locations for pickpockets, you need to be aware of people around you and keep an eye on your belongings.
Furthermore, if you notice some kind of unusual activities, act wisely and stay away from any kind of demonstrations and other gatherings.
Drive carefully and if you need to take a taxi, use only those licensed ones.
You can also agree on the price prior to taking the ride.
Bursa is in no way different from any other city in the world, so remaining precautious will save you from any kind of trouble and you will be able to enjoy your stay.
How Does Bursa Compare?
- Visas - Visa is obligatory for longer stayings in Turkey and it can be obtained online for the price of $35. If you stay less than 90 days, you do not need to have a visa.
- Currency - Tourists can get local currency known as the Turkish Lira from banks and exchange bureau, known as DOVIZ in Turkish and they should exchange money only in the licensed offices.
- Weather - Bursa does not have such a high summer temperature, which makes it ideal for people who cannot stand too much heat, but still, want to run away on a summer holiday. Winters are also mild and temperatures are almost always above 0 degrees Celsius.
- Airports - The easiest way of getting to Bursa is via Bursa Yenisehir Airport. Another airport near Bursa is Yunuseli Airport.
- Travel Insurance - If you have any concerns about the possibility of unexpected occurrences while traveling, you should get travel insurance which covers medical issues, luggage lost and other emergencies.
Bursa Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|