United Kingdom : Safety by City
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Northern Ireland
Sheffield is a major industrial, cosmopolitan and cultural center in the United Kingdom.
The city has a lot of public gardens, and many, many trees.
One-third of the city’s territory is rural national parkland.
The city lies in the most southerly part of Yorkshire.
Sheffield city center has undergone a program of regeneration in the past twenty years or so, and here tourists can see many exciting places.
Home to the largest theater complex in the country outside the capital, there is lots to be seen of the city’s cultural achievements.
There are many galleries, parks and gardens, and even annual musicians and comedy festivals.
Warnings & Dangers in Sheffield
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Overall, Sheffield is safe. Avoid certain areas and do not get involved in drunken disputes. Beware of scammers, do not carry a lot of valuables with you, and keep things with you. Avoid football fans on match days.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Public transport is convenient and safe, beware only pickpockets at rush hour. Taxis are a reliable and popular way to get around here.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Pickpockets cleverly work near popular attractions and can empty the pockets of gaping tourists. Also, be vigilant in crowded public transport.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : LOW
There is a risk of flooding in the region due to flooding, but it is not high. Explore the weather before your trip to Sheffield.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
Grave robberies are quite common here. Try not to walk late at night in low-light and remote places from the center. There are many cameras in the city and the police work quite quickly. Contact her in case of trouble.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
The risk of terrorism in Sheffield is moderate, as in all major cities in Europe. As well, the United Kingdom subject to terrorist attacks. Travelers should avoid street demonstrations.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
Minor fraud is possible in the city. Be sure to buy tickets for attractions, museums, and the festival in licensed locations. Do not purchase souvenirs and cheap "brands" on the sidewalk. These are fakes. Only withdraw money from ATMs at banks to avoid card scam.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Sheffield is safe enough for women traveling alone. Use common sense and walk less late in the night in dangerous areas of the city, and nothing will happen to you.
So... How Safe Is Sheffield Really?
Sheffield is not so calm on the crime side.
The index of crime is moderate here and increase in the last years.
Vandalism, petty thefts, home broke, and things stolen crimes – there are main crimes in the city.
And along with this – people using or dealing drugs.
Areas of Park Hill and Burnbank/Pitsmoor considered not safe for travelers.
It’s better to avoid it. But these places are also don’t have touristic sightseeing.
An extensive network of CCTV cameras and a lot of police officers in the town do its job.
If you meet any crime – contact the police; they can work productively and fast to help you.
In most tourist places and the city center, you can feel completely safe at any time of the day.
If you are not a football fan, it is best to avoid certain areas of the city during match days, namely the lower city areas of Highfield and Heeley.
Do not let you in drunk fights and disputes.
Avoid the outskirts of the city late at night; do not carry a lot of valuables and do not leave personal things unattended.
Do not be an easy target for criminals, and you will be safe.
Despite anything, Sheffield repeatedly is shown as the safest major city in the country.
How Does Sheffield Compare?
|Buenos Aires (Argentina)||60|
- Visas - Visitors must obtain a visa unless they are exempt. Countries of the Schengen area are free to visit the United Kingdom without visas for six months. Others should obtain a visa or electronic visas for entry. A valid passport is a must.
- Currency - The pound sterling is the official currency in the United Kingdom. It has a symbol: £ and ISO code: GBP. Commonly known as the pound and less often referred to as sterling. It is subdivided into 100 pence.
- Weather - The best times to visit Sheffield for ideal weather are July to September. Temperatures feel cold throughout the year with a chance of rain or snow throughout most of the year.
- Airports - Doncaster Sheffield Airport is an international airport located in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster within South Yorkshire, England. The airport lies 31 km east of Sheffield. It handles international and domestic flights.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Sheffield Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|