Virginia : Safety by CityUnited States - safety as a country Virginia - state review
Richmond is most known for its rich history during the Civil war, but nowadays, we can say that Richmond is an emerging tourist destination offering a huge number of exciting attractions.
It has parks where hiking and biking can be enjoyed, along with bird watching and horseback riding for tourists who prefer these kinds of activities.
No matter if you come with your children or not, Metro Richmond Zoo is worth seeing as it is known for having over 2,000 animals.
Furthermore, James River flows through Richmond, so tourists can go out on the water and enjoy kayaking and canoeing.
Warnings & Dangers in Richmond
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Before visiting any city in the world, you should familiarize yourself with the information related to the possible dangers and risks to make crime prevention a part of your life.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : MEDIUM
Make a deal with the taxi driver about the price of the ride or make sure that the meter is reset. If you rent a car, do not leave packages or valuables on the seat of your car, as this will be a temptation for thieves.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
People who show that they are disoriented and lost are the easiest prey for thieves. Keep your head up and do not look at your mobile phone while walking. Pickpockets work in front of famous sites and crowded areas.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
The USA is prone to earthquakes, forest fires, and snowstorms. Richmond is a place with an ideal climate, so snowstorms are rare. However, heavy rain during autumn and spring months can cause floods.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
When it comes to mugging, it is suggested to use an ATM that is located inside a police station, mall, or well-lighted location if you have to so as not to become a victim.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
The government is doing its best to be prepared for terrorist incidents in the future and tourists would need to follow the advice of authorities in case this happens and they should not panic.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
There are scammers operating in Richmond. Be aware that there might be some strangers approaching you for any reason. They may try various methods of distracting you.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
Being that women like shopping, they are suggested to shop during daylight hour and if they have to shop at night, they should never go alone. There have been instances of females being attacked.
So... How Safe Is Richmond Really?
Our article is dedicated to improving public safety and reducing the fear of crime when traveling to Richmond.
However, there are many things each and every traveler can do to reduce his or her chances of becoming a victim and we will offer you some suggestions.
Recently, the USA has been attacked through the use of terrorist tactics and unfortunately, they cannot predict when that might happen again and it is difficult to prepare for and prevent random acts of terrorism.
The top priority of each city police is to prevent crime from occurring, but it is not possible to stop all criminal activity in large cities.
If you decided to drive in Richmond, we advise you to avoid driving alone or at night, to keep all car doors locked and windows closed and to set your alarm.
You should not leave money, passport and other valuables in cars when you leave them on the parking lot, as automobiles are easily opened by even the least experienced thieves.
So, tourists are suggested to take safety precautions and avoid becoming a possible target.
This can be done by not displaying electrical gadgets in public, avoid showing jewelry and money and remaining confident about where you are going.
How Does Richmond Compare?
|Belize City (Belize)||37|
- Visas - Each country has its own entry requirements that have to be met. Travelers to the USA cannot enter the country if they do not have a visa and a valid passport.
- Currency - The American Dollar is the official currency in the USA and travelers would need to exchange their currency into it. They are advised to do that only in licensed exchange bureaux or banks.
- Weather - If you are planning to visit Richmond, September, May, and October are the most pleasant months. The coldest months are January and February, but the temperature rarely falls below freezing.
- Airports - Richmond International Airport is a public airport in Sandston, Virginia and is located 11 km from Richmond. This is the busiest airport in central Virginia and the third-busiest in the state.
- Travel Insurance - Accidents might happen to anyone and they cannot be predicted, So as to be able to get medical help in the USA, you should have travel insurance which will cover those expenses.
Richmond Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|