Virginia : Safety by CityUnited States - safety as a country Virginia - state review
Chesapeake is an independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
It is the third-most populous city in Virginia.
Chesapeake is a diverse city in which a few urban areas are located; it also has many square miles of protected farmland, forests, and wetlands, including a substantial portion of the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge.
You can visit the Chesapeake City Park in this city – this park has a playground and a skatepark, and it is a great place for local festivals and entertainment.
The Great Gloomy Swamp National Wildlife Refuge.
This place is ideal for birders, tourists or those who want to enjoy the beauty of nature.
Warnings & Dangers in Chesapeake
OVERALL RISK : LOW
Chesapeake is a reasonably calm city. If you follow the usual precautions, you can avoid any serious problems here. Choose a taxi at night than a walk. Keep track of your surroundings, and do not leave personal items unattended.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Public transport runs on schedule and is convenient for getting around the city. It is entirely safe. Taxis are preferred for travel in the dark. Call only official taxi services. Use your smartphone apps for this.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Pickpockets operate in tourist places and crowded places, such as the station, port, and central markets. Keep track of your belongings and pockets. Do not carry a lot of cash and jewelry. Documents are best stored in the hotel safe.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
Chesapeake is at risk for hurricanes that often occur in the region. Examine the situation for this risk before you travel to this city and take appropriate security measures. Since there is a clearly defined hurricane season and it spares no one.
MUGGING RISK : LOW
Grave robberies in Chesapeake are rare. Tourists also rarely become targets for this crime. However, precautions should be taken to avoid this risk. Do not walk around the city late at night and do not shine with precious things.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in the USA. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places visited by foreigners. You should monitor media reports and be vigilant at all times. Study the political environment before your trip here.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
The main risk of fraud that is common in Chesapeake is SMS and phone fraud. Tourists are usually not exposed to this risk. However, you should be on the alert and not give out your personal information and even more information about your cards to third parties.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Chesapeake is safe enough for women traveling alone. However, walking alone late at night is not recommended. In bars, it is also better not to stay too long. Show maximum vigilance if traveling by car alone.
So... How Safe Is Chesapeake Really?
Chesapeake can be considered a reasonably safe city if you take precautions.
The crime rate here ranges from low to medium.
The main problems here are related to car theft and hacking, attacks, vandalism, theft, and corruption.
There is a small problem with drug trafficking.
Tourists in this city will most likely not have problems if you follow the usual security measures.
Do not carry a lot of cash and jewelry.
Keep essential documents in the hotel safe.
Avoid the drunken showdowns and showdowns of drug dealers.
Remember that drugs are illegal in Chesapeake.
If you go for a walk to the bazaar or a crowded place – watch your pockets.
Pickpockets are not a frequent occurrence, but tourists always attract criminals.
Carefully monitor your surroundings, be on the lookout for those who ask or offer help.
At night on Chesapeake, it is better to walk in a company and avoid poorly lit streets.
If you are traveling by car, always lock it and do not leave anything inside.
It is better to park the car in a well-guarded parking lot.
Be very careful and prudent in this city, especially at night.
Take a taxi if you back home late at night.
How Does Chesapeake Compare?
|Sao Paulo (Brazil)||45|
|Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)||43|
- Visas - Visitors to the United States must obtain a visa from one of the United States diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries. A valid passport is a must.
- Currency - The United States dollar is the official currency of the United States. It has a sign: $ and a code: USD. Also, it abbreviated US$. One dollar is divided into 100 cents (Symbol: ¢).
- Weather - The best times to visit Chesapeake for ideal weather are April to June. The average temperatures in Chesapeake vary drastically and the weather feels nice some of the year, but often too hot in the summer and cold in the winter with a fair chance of precipitation about half of the year.
- Airports - Chesapeake Regional Airport is a public-use airport located in the city of Chesapeake, Virginia and serving the Hampton Roads area. The airport is 22 km south of the central business district of Norfolk, Virginia.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Chesapeake Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|