Virginia : Safety by CityUnited States - safety as a country Virginia - state review
Arlington is an urban county in Virginia, directly across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C.
With a population of 210,000, yet a land area of only about 26 square miles, Arlington is one of America’s most densely populated jurisdictions.
Many people come to Arlington as part of a trip to Washington, D.C..
However, Arlington itself is home to several destinations including the following: Arlington National Cemetery, Iwo Jima Marine Corps War Memorial, Pentagon, and Pentagon 9/11 Memorial, Arlington Historical Museum, Theodore Roosevelt Island.
In Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse.
A unique combination of a full restaurant inside a movie theater.
It also offers live comedy shows and large-screen viewings of major sports events.
Warnings & Dangers in Arlington
OVERALL RISK : LOW
Arlington is a reasonably safe city; you can freely walk along its streets day and night. The usual security measures will be enough to not get into trouble. Be careful not to leave personal items unattended.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Public transportation is accessible and safe. Keep track of your pockets and wallet on buses. Taxis are safe and convenient. Use the application on your smartphone to call it or call licensed services.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : LOW
We can say that pickpockets are not an issue in Arlington. Although, if you lose vigilance, you can lose your wallet. The usual precautions and attention to their surroundings are sufficient to prevent risk. Keep valuables in the safe of your hotel.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
The chance of earthquake damage in Arlington is about the same as Virginia average and is much lower than the national average. The risk of tornado damage in Arlington is much higher than the Virginia average and is higher than the national average.
MUGGING RISK : LOW
Grave armed robberies in Arlington are the exception rather than the rule. However, you should be vigilant, not get involved in street fights, not respond to provocations. If you have a drink at the bar, watch your glass so that the opiate is not poured there.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
The risk of terrorist attacks cannot be ruled out in Arlington. In the region recorded cases of terrorism. During your journey, be extremely careful and avoid street demonstrations and other gatherings of people.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
The leading fraud here is connected with cheating by phone or SMS. Usually, tourists do not become victims of such fraud. However, you should still be on alert. Be careful about your private information, and do not share it with third parties.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Arlington is safe enough for women traveling alone. If you follow the usual safety measures, do not walk the streets of the city late at night, do not attract unwanted attention, and do not shine with jewelry, a trip to this city will be safe for you.
So... How Safe Is Arlington Really?
Arlington is considered a safe enough city to travel.
The crime index here is shallow.
It is safe to walk around the city at any time of the day without fear of attacks.
It is enough to follow the usual precautions to be safe.
Arlington is a very safe county with considerably less crime than its neighbor, Washington, D.C.
While you are unlikely to be the victim of a crime here, you should take reasonable precautions that you would in any urban area, such as keeping your car and hotel room locked at all times.
If you have a problem, dial 911 to contact the Arlington Police.
As usual, it is recommended to monitor your belongings and not leave values unattended.
Arlington is safe, but you should not tempt criminals with your actions.
If you walk late at night, do not act defiantly and do not get involved in fights.
Lock the car and take away all the valuables from it when you leave.
At the bazaars, in public transport, and crowded places, watch your pockets.
Beware of beggars and those who offer or ask for help.
Homeless people can be very persistent.
How Does Arlington Compare?
|Hong Kong (China)||70|
- Visas - Visitors to the United States must obtain a visa from one of the United States diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries. A valid passport is a must.
- Currency - The United States dollar is the official currency of the United States. It has a sign: $ and a code: USD. Also, it abbreviated US$. One dollar is divided into 100 cents (Symbol: ¢).
- Weather - The best times to visit Arlington for ideal weather are mid-April to June. Average temperatures in Arlington vary drastically, and the weather feels nice some of the year, but often too hot in the summer and cold in the winter with a chance of rain or snow throughout most of the year.
- Airports - Arlington Municipal Airport is 8 km south of Arlington in Tarrant County, Texas. Several companies operate aircraft services on the airport property, including the Bell Helicopter division of Textron.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Arlington Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|