Texas : Safety by City
- Corpus Christi
- El Paso
- Fort Worth
- San Antonio
Corpus Christi is Texas’s largest coastal city and the gateway to Padre Island.
Corpus Christi is located south of the Nueces River, and so it was in the disputed territory during the Mexican-American War.
During the American Civil War, the city was bombarded by Federal gunboats.
Travelers can visit here Art Center of Corpus Christi; Artesian Park; The Bayfront- is the downtown area along Shoreline drive, which is formed of concrete steps leading down to the water’s edge.
It is essentially the heart of Corpus Christi and is a terrific area for family evening strolls or running alone in the early morning; Water Street; Corpus Christi Cathedral.
Warnings & Dangers in Corpus Christi
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
In general, Corpus Christi is quite safe. If you take special precautions, it will be easy for you to travel here without any problems. It is better not to walk around the city at night. Beware of bandits in the dark. Do not carry a lot of valuable things and money.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Public transport and taxis are reasonably safe. You can use any transportation to move around the city. Do not forget to keep track of your personal belongings and pockets when using the bus. Use only licensed taxi services.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Tourists are often the target for pickpockets. And if you do not keep track of your things well, leave bags unattended, and do not watch your pockets - you can quickly become a victim of a pickpocket. Most often they operate in public transport or crowded places. Be on the alert.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
Corpus Christi region prons to Hurricanes or other tropical weather, Tornadoes, hazardous materials spills, standing water flooding, radioactive incident. Examine the weather before your visit to this city.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
If you are in Corpus Christi, Texas, there is a moderate risk that you will face a violent crime against you. These types of crimes may include homicide, sexual assault, robbery, and physical abuse. Watch your surroundings and avoid walking around the city at night.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in the USA. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places visited by foreigners. You should monitor media reports and be vigilant at all times. Study the political environment before your trip here.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
More often than not, phone or email fraud occurs at Corpus Christi to receive your personal information. Usually, tourists are not the target of these frauds. However, you should be careful not to transfer your personal information to third parties.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Corpus Christi is safe enough for women traveling alone. However, walking alone late at night is not recommended. In bars, it is also better not to stay too long. Show maximum vigilance if traveling by car alone.
So... How Safe Is Corpus Christi Really?
Corpus Christi has an average security rating.
The crime rate here remains stably average for a long time.
The main problems are related to hacking houses, theft of things, car theft, and hacking, attacks, vandalism.
There is a slight drug problem.
At the same time, traveling around the city during the daytime is safe in almost any part of Corpus Christi.
At night, you need to be vigilant, monitor your surroundings.
It’s better not to walk alone, but to return to the hotel by taxi or your car.
Most public places, such as the bayfront, beaches, and malls, are safe during the day.
Exercise caution at night, keep your cars and homes locked, valuables out of view, and stay in well-lit areas.
Also, watch the news and be aware of what is going on in the city.
That being said, treat other people as you would like to be treated anywhere you visit and use common sense, and you will be relatively safe.
Do not leave your things unattended; do not carry a lot of cash and jewelry.
Keep your passport and essential documents in the hotel safe; it’s good to have a copy of the crucial documents with you.
How Does Corpus Christi Compare?
- Visas - Visitors to the United States must obtain a visa from one of the United States diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries. A valid passport is a must.
- Currency - The United States dollar is the official currency of the United States. It has a sign: $ and a code: USD. Also, it abbreviated US$. One dollar is divided into 100 cents (Symbol: ¢).
- Weather - The best times to visit Corpus Christi for ideal weather are mid-January to mid-April and November to mid-December. Average temperatures in Corpus Christi vary greatly, and the weather feels hot for about half of the year and otherwise nice with a little chance of precipitation throughout the year.
- Airports - Corpus Christi International Airport is an airport of Corpus Christi in Nueces County, Texas. It located 14 km from the city center. Corpus Christi International Airport is classified as a Commercial Service, Primary, Nonhub Airport.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Corpus Christi Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|