Colorado : Safety by City
- Cañon City
- Colorado Springs
- Fort Collins
- Grand Junction
Thornton is a city in the Denver Area of Colorado.
The Denver metropolitan area in which Thornton is ideally located has consistently ranked as one of the most desirable areas to live in the United States.
Thornton offers easy access to the 28 major resort areas found in the nearby Rocky Mountains, which offers skiing, hiking, rafting, and camping, as well as beautiful and breathtaking scenic wonders most are well within a two-hour drive.
Thornton has aggressively pursued recreation programs with nearly 1,000 acres of land developed or designated for public parks.
The numerous lighted tennis courts, athletic fields, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, recreation centers and gymnasiums offer recreation opportunities for people of all ages and activity levels.
Warnings & Dangers in Thornton
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Thornton is a relatively calm and safe city, although some precautions should still be kept in mind. Do not walk around the city at night, and do not stay alone in the late afternoon. Do not get too much attention and watch your things.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Public transport is quite safe. But he does not go here regularly. Local more often travel in their cars. Use a taxi to return to the hotel late at night. Use only licensed taxi services.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : LOW
Pickpockets are usually not a problem in Thornton. However, in crowded places and during tourist events or festivals, they can operate in a crowd. Be mindful of your surroundings and always keep an eye on your personal belongings.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
Tornadoes and earthquakes can occur in this region. Before your visit to Thornton, study the weather and take measures to avoid the risks from these natural disasters. In a city, there is usually always an emergency alert and places where you can safely wait out adverse conditions.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
Armed robberies are not common in Thornton, but some drug addicts and drug dealers may occasionally attack locals and tourists. This is usually a rare occurrence, but you should be on the alert. Always keep an eye on your surroundings.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
Terrorists can try to carry out attacks in this region. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places visited by foreigners. You should monitor media reports and be vigilant at all times. Study the political environment before your trip here.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
Fraud is not common in Thornton. Most often, you can be attracted by SMS or email, with lotteries or sweepstakes. Which are not real and are intended to display your personal data and card information. Be careful not to fall for such a scam.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Women can travel safely to Thornton if they follow specific safety rules. It is not recommended for walking alone after sunset. Do not attract attention to your clothing, behavior, or expensive jewelry. Do not leave personal items unattended.
So... How Safe Is Thornton Really?
Thornton is a pretty safe city.
He is also safer than his closest neighbor, Denver.
Thornton’s crime rate is pretty low.
There are minor problems with drugs, vandalism, and petty thefts.
But overall, Thornton ranks as one of the most tranquil and enjoyable cities to live and travel in the US city safety rating.
At night, it is better not to walk around the city alone.
Use a taxi to get to the hotel if it is too late.
Do not shine with precious things and cash.
Keep track of your pockets and bags.
Unattended items can be quickly stolen.
In the winter, a local phenomenon called “black ice” can cause driving accidents.
Water on the roads can quickly freeze into a thin and invisible sheet of ice when the sun goes down, or even in a shaded spot during daylight hours.
It occurs on any paved street in the mountains, cities, or plains.
On the other hand, the city is sweltering in the summer months.
It is necessary to take care of hydration and drinking water to avoid heatstroke.
Remote areas of the city from the center can be more dangerous than the central ones.
Do not linger in them.
Carry a copy of your documents with you, and keep the originals in a hotel safe.
How Does Thornton Compare?
|Siem Reap (Cambodia)||63|
|Phnom Penh (Cambodia)||61|
|Niagara Falls (Canada)||87|
- Visas - Visitors to the United States must obtain a visa from one of the United States diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries. A valid passport is a must.
- Currency - The United States dollar is the official currency of the United States. It has a sign: $ and a code: USD. Also, it abbreviated US$. One dollar is divided into 100 cents (Symbol: ¢).
- Weather - The best times to visit Thornton for ideal weather are mid-May to October. Average temperatures in Thornton vary drastically and the weather feels cold for about half of the year and otherwise nice with a very low chance of rain or snow throughout the year.
- Airports - Denver International Airport is an international airport in the western United States, primarily serving metropolitan Denver, Colorado. It is the largest airport in North America by total land area and the second largest in the world, behind King Fahd International Airport. The airport located 35 km from the Thornton city center.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Thornton Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|