Italy : Safety by CityItaly - safety as a country
Many tourists often visit Pisa while they are in Florence.
They come on a short excursion believing that the legendary leaning tower is the only thing to be seen there, but we have to say that this is wrong.
Pisa is a fantastic city to stay in.
Tourists who come to Pisa must go to Piazza Dei Miracoli which is home to many of the city’s most beautiful attractions.
They should also pass over the Ponte di Mezzo bridge and take some photos of Arno River and Pisa’s Lungarni.
If you are thinking about visiting this city, do not waste your time waiting.
Warnings & Dangers in Pisa
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
When we compare Pisa to some other tourist destinations in Italy, we can conclude that this city has the lowest risk score. However, all travelers are still suggested to be vigilant and act wisely when in Pisa.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : MEDIUM
When using a rented car or your own to drive in Pisa, you should always lock your vehicle, never leave valuables in cars and avoid leaving luggage in cars. Also, when traveling by public transport, keep an eye on your possessions all the time.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
To minimize the risk of being robbed, you need to constantly pay attention to your surroundings and avoid talking on your cell phone in public places, as you might easily be distracted and your possessions can be stolen.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : LOW
The whole country is prone to earthquakes, so do not get afraid if you experience some tremors while staying in Pisa.
MUGGING RISK : LOW
Travelers should know that the snatching of electronic devices is on the rise across the city.
TERRORISM RISK : LOW
When domestic terrorism is in question, the attacks are in the form of small bombs and devices and they are aimed at Pisa’s residents usually involved in criminal acts.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
When it comes to scam risk, you should know that alcohol and drugs can make you less in control of your belongings which might lead to robbery and theft. Our suggestion is to limit the amount of alcohol you take and always stay aware of your surroundings.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
There were not so many instances of women being assaulted in Pisa. However, taking standard precautionary measures is always advised.
So... How Safe Is Pisa Really?
Bag and phone snatching is becoming a common occurrence in many large cities around the world, and Pisa is not an exception.
So as to minimize the risk that you are left without your expensive gadgets, you are supposed to keep all electronic devices in an inside jacket pocket.
As long as you avoid displaying them anywhere visible, you will remain safe and you will not attract the attention of thieves and muggers.
You need to be aware of the fact that you can easily be deceived by getting false money, so you need to know that Euro notes received from any source other than banks or legitimate exchange offices can be counterfeit.
Drivers who come across people who are asking them to stop the car should never do that.
Thieves tend to ask for help or directions, or even try to point out a fictional fault with your car so as to distract you and take your belongings.
If you prefer taking a taxi, you are suggested to only use officially licensed taxis with a taxi sign on the roof.
All in all, the majority of vigilant and watchful people spend their vacation in Pisa without experiencing any trouble.
- Visas - Visas are not required for tourists coming from European countries, but only if they stay less than 3 months. If you are coming from other countries around the world, you should get familiar with the entry requirements.
- Currency - The currency of Italy is the Euro. There are numerous banks and ATMs where travelers can take their money and exchange it as well.
- Weather - Pisa has a warm and temperate climate which is characterized by heavy rainfall in the winter, while summers in Pisa tend to be warm and sunny. The temperature almost never falls below freezing.
- Airports - Tourists who come to Pisa y plane should use Pisa International Airport which is about 2 km far from Pisa. In Tuscany, there are two international airports, so some travelers use the airport in Florence.
- Travel Insurance - If you are worried about your safety, you have to be worried about your health as well, so our advice is to have travel insurance wherever in the world you decide to go.
Pisa Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|