Trondheim is an old city in central Norway.
The city boasts a rich, cultural heritage.
Tourists come here to enjoy music, arts, culture, alternative politics, nightlife, and student life.
Every year at the end of July and the beginning of August the St. Olav Festival takes place here.
The festival is a celebration of Olav Haraldsson, who attempted to Christianize Norway.
The festival’s program consists of religious contributions and cultural festivities like concerts, Middle-Age-plays, lectures, exhibitions, and many other activities.
Nidelva is the real pearl of the city. The river, where sunsets can be magnificent, especially in summer, and the city is so far north that the first hints of arctic blue sky are seen.
Warnings & Dangers in Trondheim
OVERALL RISK : LOW
In general, traveling to Trondheim is very safe, but tourists should be alert, not to carry a lot of cash, be cautioned about pickpockets.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Taxi is safe and convenient. Public transportation is safe enough. However, watch your belongings when the transport is crowded.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
The pickpocket-related risk may occur from time to time. Avoid crowded places and transports. Watch your backpack and pockets surely.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : LOW
Avalanches and landslides in the snowy months are possible. Be sure to check weather forecast information before your visit.
MUGGING RISK : LOW
Mugging risk is low. But you should avoid drunk people and not get involved in fights, where you can be robbed.
TERRORISM RISK : LOW
Usually, there is no terrorist attack, but in Europe, they are not uncommon. It is worth exploring the political situation in the region before your visit.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
There is a little risk of scams. Usually, street barkers call to tourists, trying to lure money by anyways. Be cautioned and do not get them to cheat you.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Women travelers can feel completely free here. Common sense will be enough to avoid any troubles.
So... How Safe Is Trondheim Really?
Trondheim is a very safe place.
Normally, if you lose your wallet someone can try to find you to give it back.
It’s really that safe. The index of crime is low here and none big crimes not occurred here in last years.
The only thing you should avoid is drunk young people on the streets.
Do not get you in drunk fights and you will be ok.
There are some beggars on the streets, but you should know that Norway supports his citizens well enough and the poor in the streets can only be if they spend a lot of money on drinking and drugs.
Due to its location in Trondheim is not really dark during the night in June.
So you can feel safe at that time even during the night.
Families, groups and alone travelers are extremely safe.
Women traveling alone also can feel absolutely safe here.
Take care of your credit cards.
Sometimes there may be prostitutes on the streets who persistently offer their services. Stay away from them.
Don’t carry big amounts of cash with you, be aware of pickpockets in crowded places, in other words – use common sense and you will avoid any troubles.
How Does Trondheim Compare?
|Hong Kong (China)||70|
- Visas - You need to have a valid passport to travel to Norway. For stays that are 90 days or shorter, visas are not required. For longer stays, you will need to obtain a visa from the Norway Embassy, unless you have Schengen.
- Currency - The Norwegian krone is the currency of Norway and its dependent territories. It has a sign: kr, and code: NOK. It is subdivided into 100 øre, which has existed only electronically.
- Weather - The average temperatures in Trondheim vary greatly. The weather feels cold for most of the year with a chance of rain or snow throughout most of the year
- Airports - Trondheim has an international airport - Værnes. The airport is located in Værnes, 19 km east of Trondheim. It serves international and domestic flights.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Trondheim Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|