United States : Safety by City
- Baton Rouge
- Colorado Springs
- Corpus Christi
- Des Moines
- El Paso
- Fort Collins
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Fort Wayne
- Fort Worth
- Grand Rapids
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Little Rock
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Oklahoma City
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Sioux Falls
- St Louis
- St. Petersburg
- Virginia Beach
- Washington DC
Worcester is a city in central Massachusetts.
Worcester has nine colleges and universities.
While downtown Worcester and other areas like Park Ave can be condensed and busy, it also has lots of parks, green space, small bodies of water, and tree-lined streets.
It is known for having many triple-deckers.
The city has several museums and excellent parks for walking.
In summer, Worcester hosts many festivals of various subjects, such as the Albanian Festival, Grecian Festival, Italian Festival, and others.
If you are here for a few days, you should also visit theaters and art exhibitions, as well as the Worcester Music Festival (the oldest Music Festival in the United States)
Warnings & Dangers in Worcester
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Worcester is not the safest city in the region, but it is quite comfortable to stay in it if you follow the usual precautions. You also need to monitor your belongings and surroundings. Avoid dysfunctional areas, and do not walk around the city late at night.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Public transport is safe but beware of pickpockets. At night, it is better to use a taxi service. Make sure that you call only the licensed service, and the driver has a taximeter in the car.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Pickpockets are not the biggest problem in the city. However, you can meet them in tourist places and on buses. Watch your pockets and bags, do not shine with a lot of cash, and jewelry and relevant documents should be stored in the hotel safe.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
At Worcester, there is little risk of hurricanes and tornadoes. However, he is not too tall. Examine the weather before you visit this city and follow the instructions of local authorities to avoid serious health risks if you are in the city during a hurricane.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
There is a risk of armed attacks in Worcester, so walking at night and in low-light areas is not recommended. Also, avoid some disadvantaged areas of the city. Do not carry a lot of jewelry and money. In case of an attack, contact the police.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
At Worcester, the average risk of terrorism. It is associated with the possibility of international conflicts and the global threat of terrorists forgiving the United States. Keep up to date with your trip to this city.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
There is a telemarketing scam in Worcester. Usually, scammers try to find out your personal data and the data of your cards via SMS or email. Travelers rarely fall prey to such fraud. However, be careful.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
Women traveling alone may be insecure in this city. Therefore, it is recommended to travel in groups. And also not to attract too much attention to your clothes or behavior. Use a taxi to get to the hotel at a later time.
So... How Safe Is Worcester Really?
Worcester has a meager rate of violent crime compared to the comparably sized city in Providence, Rhode Island.
But anyway Worcester has an average crime rate.
The main problems here are related to the theft of things, hacking of houses, car thefts, attacks, and vandalism.
Separately, there is a relatively high level of problems with drug trafficking.
In Worcester, there has been a recent increase in crime, especially theft and assault.
Since Worcester is a reasonably large city, some areas can be dangerous for those who are not familiar with the city.
These areas include the Great Brook Valley, Chandler St / Park Ave, Water St./Grafton St. however, despite these ratings, Worcester is an enjoyable and safe environment when surrounded by the right people at the right time.
Areas like Water St. and Park Ave. has a lively nightlife and popular shopping areas that are safe both day and night.
Take precautions wherever you go and never roam the streets alone, especially at night.
Always keep an eye on your belongings and your surroundings.
Avoid walking in dangerous areas at night and stay in a company, not alone.
The usual precautions and common sense should always be present when traveling to this city.
- Visas - Visitors to the United States must obtain a visa from one of the United States diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries. A valid passport is a must.
- Currency - The United States dollar is the official currency of the United States. It has a sign: $ and a code: USD. Also, it abbreviated US$. One dollar is divided into 100 cents (Symbol: ¢).
- Weather - The best times to visit Worcester for ideal weather are mid-May to October. Average temperatures in Worcester vary drastically and the weather feels cold for about half of the year and otherwise nice with a chance of rain or snow throughout most of the year.
- Airports - Worcester Regional Airport is 5 km west of Worcester, in Worcester County, Massachusetts. The airport passenger terminal has four gates with jetways and two ramp level gates for regional carriers. The terminal has two baggage carousels, and a TSA installed passenger and baggage screening system on the first floor.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Worcester Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|