United States : Safety by City
- Baton Rouge
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Little Rock
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Oklahoma City
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- St Louis
- Washington DC
The city of Providence is also the capital of the state of Rhode Island.
There is a huge number of culturally and historically important sites and we are sure that you will not be disappointed if you decided to visit Providence.
Even though the greatest part of the city is located within a historic district, people who prefer modern areas can enjoy those parts of the city as well.
You can visit parks and zoos, museums and outdoor spaces in Providence, and furthermore, this city is ideal for families coming with small children, as it has playground areas and attractions for younger visitors.
Warnings & Dangers in Providence
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
All in all, Providence is not a place where you should feel threatened, but so as to reduce or eliminate opportunities that may make you a target, you just need to increase your awareness of the surroundings.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : MEDIUM
While you drive in Providence and you think you are being followed, our suggestion is to drive to a well-lighted, crowded area to get help. Also, you should call the police if you are being followed.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
In order to stay safe from pickpockets, do not display electronics or jewelry and especially do not display money in public. Carrying your wallet in your front pocket and carrying your bag in front of you to avoid being a victim of a pickpocket is the wisest decision.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
In case of a natural disaster, tourists would need to follow the advice of authorities and watch the news to get informed about the latest happenings.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
In the case of violent crime, it is better to give up your property, than to resist and get injured. Property can be bought. Your life is more important. Muggers tend to attack so as to rob you.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
Terrorism is nowadays present everywhere in the world, and their attacks cannot be predicted. The USA is the country where both international and domestic terrorist attack might happen.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
You need to be watchful of people around you, especially in bars and night clubs. If you feel uneasy, stay away from that place or walk directly to a place where there are other people who might help you.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
Females are suggested not to go out alone at night, but if they need to take public transport during late hours it is recommended to stay close to the driver who can help you if necessary.
So... How Safe Is Providence Really?
It is of crucial importance to plan your trip before leaving and getting acquainted with the possible dangers that might be awaiting you in the city you are traveling to might make you feel more self-confident and secure.
So, we decided to help you with that research and give you the best possible advice on how to spend an ideal holiday in Providence.
People who rent a car should lock car doors, even if they are coming right back and avoid parking in isolated areas.
Another advice for drivers is not to pick up hitchhikers as they might be robbers and thieves.
As a general precaution on buses and in the street is to appear confident and do not look like you do not know where you are going.
Even if you are lost, tourists should always look as if they know where they are going, so as not to attract unwanted attention.
Thieves like disoriented people and they would offer you help with directions while the other thief would take your valuables.
Your wallet should be in your bag which you have to carry in front of you to avoid being a victim of a pickpocket.
- Visas - Whoever travels to the USA must obtain a visa before starting the journey. Visas can be obtained in the US embassy or consulate in your country.
- Currency - The official currency in Providence is the American Dollar, which is the strongest currency in the world. There is a great number of ATMs throughout the city and you are advised to exchange money only in exchange offices.
- Weather - Providence has a humid continental climate with hot summers and cold winters. Winter temperatures are not as low as in some other parts of the USA, while summers are very pleasant.
- Airports - When it comes to airports, Providence is served by T. F. Green Airport in Warwick. T. F. Green airport is used as an alternative to Boston's Logan International Airport due to over-crowding.
- Travel Insurance - The accident might not happen only to those who do extreme sports or set themselves in dangerous situations. You can never know when an accident might happen to you, so it is suggested to take out comprehensive travel insurance.
Providence Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|