Netherlands : Safety by CityNetherlands - safety as a country
Eindhoven is a major city in the province of North Brabant and it’s the fifth-largest city of the Netherlands.
Eindhoven inextricably linked to electronics giant Philips.
The city remains a European technology hub, hosting a technical university and many technically oriented companies.
Tourists come here to visit Philips-related history.
Many of the Philips sights are right in the heart of the city.
The one another place to visit is The Van Abbe museum is an excellent pick if you’re into modern art.
If you’ve had enough of the urban vibe, you can head for one of the many natural areas around and see a whole different side of the Eindhoven region.
Warnings & Dangers in Eindhoven
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Normally Eindhoven is a fairly safe city, tourists should only be aware of pickpockets and by following the usual precautions, you can avoid any problems.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Eindhoven has an extensive bus network. It safe enough for travel. But be cautioned of pickpockets when it crowded. Taxi is a safe way to get around.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
There is a risk of pickpockets, it is worth carefully monitoring your things. Do not carry valuables with you. Be careful with strangers who ask you for help on the street.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
Because of its location, all the Netherlands vulnerable to high sea levels. But Dutch very well preparedness for natural disasters. Check the situation for this risk before visiting the city.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
Stealing vehicles in Eindhoven may occur if you don't lock your car or bicycle. Travelers may become a victim of a robbery on streets if they appear at late night in city suburbs. Be careful while walking by the city late at night.
TERRORISM RISK : LOW
The risk of terrorist attacks in Eindhoven is negligible. However, since terrorism is common in Europe, tourists should be alert.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
Normally in Eindhoven, there isn't much scamming. However, petty cheats with tourists can occur. Be careful and book your accommodation and entrance fees to museums in licensed sources.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Women traveling alone in Eindhoven can feel absolutely safe at any time of the day or night.
So... How Safe Is Eindhoven Really?
Eindhoven, with the rest of the Netherlands, has a low enough crime rate. Travelers here should not have any problems whilst traveling throughout the area.
Main cases may occur with pickpockets, they appear in crowded places and can quickly empty your pockets.
Keep your valuables in the safe in the hotel and do not wear too much jewelry.
Keep your eyes on bags at all times, and do not leave your items unattended.
Make sure you have a copy of the front page from your passport, any tickets, and any other important information in a location separate from the originals.
The latest travel information for Eindhoven and the rest of the Netherlands can be found on the US Department of State Consular Information sheet for the Netherlands.
There are a lot of bicycles in the city, this is one of the main types of transportation around the city.
However, bike thefts can also be here.
Be sure to lock it.
Same thing with the car.
Usually, it can be parked safely in any part of the city, but for protection, do not leave valuables inside.
In general, Eindhoven is a fairly safe city, and by following the usual precautions, you can avoid any troubles.
How Does Eindhoven Compare?
|Niagara Falls (Canada)||87|
|Buenos Aires (Argentina)||60|
- Visas - You need to have a valid passport to travel to the Netherlands. For stays that are 90 days or shorter, visas are not required. For longer stays, you will need to obtain a visa from the Netherlands Embassy, unless you have Schengen.
- Currency - The Euro is the official currency for the Netherlands. A sign is €; code: EUR. The euro is divided into 100 euro cents.
- Weather - The best times to visit Eindhoven for ideal weather are from Mid May to the end of September. The average temperatures in Eindhoven vary greatly. The temperature feels cold for about half of the year, and there is a chance of rain or snow throughout most of the year.
- Airports - Eindhoven Airport is an airport located 7 km from Eindhoven. It is the second-largest airport in the Netherlands. The airport is used by both civilian and military traffic.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Eindhoven Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|
2 Reviews on Eindhoven
Is Eindhoven Safe? Depends
NOOOOOOOOOOOO helemaal nietttt. ABSOLUTELY NOTTT TRUE AT ALL. Depends on where you are, such as Woensel which is quite dangerous compared to the center of Eindhoven.
What do you think which part of Woensel is dangerous?