United States : Safety by City
- Baton Rouge
- Colorado Springs
- Corpus Christi
- Des Moines
- El Paso
- Fort Collins
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Fort Wayne
- Fort Worth
- Grand Rapids
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Little Rock
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Oklahoma City
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Sioux Falls
- St Louis
- St. Petersburg
- Virginia Beach
- Washington DC
Montgomery is known for its many historic and cultural landmarks and events and its history is one of its most remarkable features.
No matter whether you are looking for things to do during a weekend or planning a whole vacation in Montgomery, we are sure that you will enjoy your stay there.
Sights that have to be seen in Montgomery are the Alabama State Capitol, Dexter Avenue King Memorial Church, First White House of the Confederacy, Montgomery Bus Boycott, Hank Williams Memorial, Alabama War Memorial, and Alabama Shakespeare Theater.
Warnings & Dangers in Montgomery
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Walking the deserted and poorly lighted streets at night should be avoided, particularly if you walk alone. That way you can become a victim of thieves and muggers. Travelers are suggested to avoid places which are known as dangerous areas of the city.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : MEDIUM
Montgomery, just like any other city, offers various means of transport and tourists can choose which one suits them best. Make sure you lock the rented car and do not leave possessions in it.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Travelers are advised to keep their backpacks in front of them while walking the street and their wallets in the front pocket, as in the majority reported thefts, the criminal took the money or valuables from the back pocket or backpacks that were on persons back.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
The Atlantic hurricane season lasts from 1 June to 30 November. There is a risk of the area being flooded and some wildfires to happen in the woods.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
When mugging is in question, travelers have to pay attention to their surroundings when using electronics on the streets, subways, and buses, as well as when paying for the things. In the case of violent crime, you are suggested not to resist.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
In case there is a terrorist attack happening while you are in the city, it is important that everyone stays alert and knows what to do. You should follow the advice of authorities and act accordingly.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
The main goal of scammers is to take your money. You can easily be tricked, if you are not vigilant enough. They act very politely and try to make you believe them. Then they might drug you through spiked drinks and food.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
Being that Montgomery is considered a safe large city, females can enjoy their stay even if they come alone. However, if they see anyone acting in a suspicious manner, or if they feel threatened in any way, they should call the police immediately by dialing 911.
So... How Safe Is Montgomery Really?
Montgomery government is doing its best to lower the crime rate in the city.
Automobiles are easy prey for criminals as vehicles are relatively easy to get into by even the most inexperienced criminal and that is the reason why you are suggested not to leave the money or your passport in the car.
Tourists are advised to remove all valuables from their car, especially if they are rented and to close the windows and lock the doors every time they get out.
Furthermore, cars should be parked in well-lighted areas.
The possibility of terrorist attacks in the USA exists, but the chances of being caught up in a terrorist incident are low.
On the other hand, pickpocketing incidents are frequent and in the majority of the reported incidents, the victim had their wallet removed from their backpack, purse or back pocket.
Pickpockets usually work in a team of two or three and the main locations where they operate are buses, trains, and public places.
When walking at night is in question, be aware of your surroundings at all times and stay in well lit, populated pathways.
Generally speaking, Montgomery is Alabama’s safest large city.
- Visas - The USA government requires that all people entering the country must obtain a visa. So, you should visit a US Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence to apply for it.
- Currency - The payment of things in the USA is possible only if you exchange your money into their official currency. The currency of the United States is the United States dollar.
- Weather - The climate in Montgomery is mild, generally warm and temperate. July is the hottest month of the year while the coldest temperatures occur in January, around 7°C.
- Airports - Montgomery Regional Airport is a civil-military airport seven miles southwest of Montgomery. Top 10 final destinations that you can travel to and from this airport are Washington, D.C., New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA, Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX, Seoul, South Korea, Denver, CO, and South Florida.
- Travel Insurance - A wise decision prior to coming to the USA is to obtain medical insurance. When traveling abroad, you can never know what can happen and hospitals in the United States will ask for insurance details.
Montgomery Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|