United States : Safety by City
- Baton Rouge
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Little Rock
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Oklahoma City
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- St Louis
- Washington DC
If you are wondering whether Buffalo is worth visiting we can just say that there are so many reasons to do so.
Nowadays, Buffalo is not so popular among other American cities, but that does not mean that this is a place that should be skipped.
The city is on the western edge of New York State.
What you can see there are residents who gather in local pubs or restaurants and tree-lined avenues making this city look amazing.
Buffalo has been a city of millionaires, and it has not lost all of its past.
Warnings & Dangers in Buffalo
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Even though Buffalo offers many exciting activities, you need to be aware that there are criminals committing violent crimes as well as those petty ones.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : HIGH
Making a deal about the price of your ride might be the best way of traveling through the city by taxi. Taxi drivers tend to overcharge tourists.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : HIGH
If you are not watchful of your belongings, you can easily become prey to pickpockets. Expensive items and passports are the things that are usually targeted by them.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : HIGH
Buffalo is a city that is prone to natural disasters, such as earthquakes and forest fires. The areas of high risk are canyons, hills, and forests.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
When mugging is in question, travelers are suggested to be cautious all the time. Avoid walking through less traveled areas and if you need to go there, research your destination before traveling.
TERRORISM RISK : HIGH
It is very important to watch the news and follow the advice of the local authorities in case of a terrorist attack. The main threat is individuals inspired by terrorist ideology.
SCAMS RISK : HIGH
It is important that you do not accept anything from strangers as drug dealers may try to sell you illegal drugs or spike your drinks so as to rob you.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
Our suggestion for women is not to travel in Buffalo alone and stay on your guard at every moment. There were instances of females being attacked at night.
So... How Safe Is Buffalo Really?
It is true that this country is frequently a target for terrorists, but that does not mean that they are happening all the time.
You should not avoid coming to Buffalo if this is a destination you want to travel to.
You just need to be precautious and stay away from the places with a heavy police presence and searches on bags.
The best advice we can give you is to avoid walking anywhere in Buffalo at night as the city has a high crime rate and numerous registered sex offenders.
You should not visit any remote areas, but only those parts of the city that are designed with tourists in mind. There you can feel safe, but only if you remain vigilant all the time.
Furthermore, our suggestion is not to drive in Buffalo, but if you have to, lock the doors of the rented car when the vehicle is parked and avoid dangerous streets.
You can get the information about dangerous streets at the hotel you are staying in.
During your visit, you need to remember to watch out for your welfare.
- Visas - The organization which allows or rejects applicants for visas will determine whether you should visit the country or not and it usually gives a 3-month visa when the purpose of traveling is tourism.
- Currency - The official currency in Buffalo is the American Dolar. Travelers have to bear in mind the fact that money should only be changed in banks and exchange offices.
- Weather - Buffalo has a fairly humid, continental- type climate. Winters are cloudy, cold and snowy, while summer is pleasant with a lot of sunshine and warm temperatures.
- Airports - Buffalo Niagara International Airport is the airport in Buffalo. It operates both domestic and international flights.
- Travel Insurance - Each traveler is suggested to obtain travel insurance which will cover not only emergency situations related to medical issues but also luggage lost and missed flights.
Buffalo Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|