United States : Safety by City
- Baton Rouge
- Colorado Springs
- Corpus Christi
- Des Moines
- El Paso
- Fort Collins
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Fort Wayne
- Fort Worth
- Grand Rapids
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Little Rock
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Oklahoma City
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Sioux Falls
- St Louis
- St. Petersburg
- Virginia Beach
- Washington DC
Wichita is the largest city in Kansas, in the United States of America.
Wichita attracts many tourists every year.
In this city, everyone can find something for themselves.
There are many museums in the city: Wichita Art Museum, Museum of World Treasures, Old Cowtown Museum and so on.
Famous Sedgwick County Zoo will be excellent entertainment for the whole family.
Wichita town center is excellent for hiking.
If you’re looking for that perfect selfie spot or a fun adventure with your friends, go in search of local murals on an Urban Art Tour.
Sample Wichita’s craft brew scene on a Beer & Wine Tour or try something new during the Wicked Brew Tour.
Warnings & Dangers in Wichita
OVERALL RISK : LOW
Wichita is not the safest city in the region. Being here you must always keep in mind your surroundings and be sure to monitor your things. Do not get involved in drunken fights and avoid the dark streets of the city. The center and the old city are relatively safe.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : MEDIUM
Public transport is not very safe; it is better to use your car or taxi. Taxis are reliable but only select licensed taxi services, for example, from the application on your phone. In a cab, always get behind the driver.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Pickpockets are not the biggest problem of the city; however, in crowded places such as the train station and even the local zoo, they are sometimes found. Be careful, and always watch your pockets and bags.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : HIGH
The city is at serious risk of tornadoes. Usually, the tornado season occurs in late spring and summer. Be careful and study the weather before your visit to Wichita. Follow local authorities to avoid serious health risks.
MUGGING RISK : HIGH
Unfortunately, the risk of attack and armed robbery is quite high. Avoid walking around the city at night and dark streets. In case of an attack, give the attackers what they ask. And contact the nearest police station.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
There is a medium risk of terrorism in this region. It can occur here due to international conflicts and the global threat of terrorists by forgiving the United States. Stay up to date on your trip to this city.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
Fraud is not common in Wichita, however, isolated cases are possible when you may be sold fake tickets to a zoo or museum or invited to a nonexistent tour. Be vigilant and buy all tickets only from licensed tour operators.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : HIGH
Women better not travel in Wichita alone. There are many criminal gangs in the city. It is better to be in the company of like-minded people and not to walk around the town late at night.
So... How Safe Is Wichita Really?
Wichita has an average crime rate, and the city cannot be called completely safe for travel.
The main problems here are connected with breaking into houses, theft of things, robberies, car thefts.
Also, the city has a high crime rate related to drug trafficking.
Random acts of violence in Wichita happen in certain parts of the city.
Irresponsible drivers are also a source of danger.
Currently, the main concern is laws that allow untrained and unlicensed people to carry hidden weapons even on campuses, where 18–22-year-olds are in many cases not only immature and impulsive but also prone to drug use and excessive alcohol consumption
Crime is a problem and only getting worse throughout Wichita.
And the police do not always manage to cope with this problem on time.
Use common sense, do not walk the streets of the city late at night, do not stay alone in areas remote from the city center, and always watch your belongings.
If you travel by car, always close it when you leave and take your things from the vehicle.
Parking vehicles are also better in secure parking.
In general, in this city, you can be safe if you always keep track of your belongings and your surroundings.
- Visas - Visitors to the United States must obtain a visa from one of the United States diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries. A valid passport is a must.
- Currency - The United States dollar is the official currency of the United States. It has a sign: $ and a code: USD. Also, it abbreviated US$. One dollar is divided into 100 cents (Symbol: ¢).
- Weather - The best times to visit Wichita for ideal weather are mid-April to mid-June. The average temperatures in Wichita vary drastically, and the weather feels nice between summer and winter. The temperatures feel cold for about half the year, and too hot for part of the year with a fair chance of precipitation about half of the year.
- Airports - Close to Wichita there are two airports. Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is a commercial airport 11 km west of downtown Wichita, Kansas. Westport Airport is a privately owned, public-use airport located 6 km southwest of the central business district of Wichita, a city in Sedgwick County, Kansas, United States.
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Wichita Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|