Washington : Safety by CityUnited States - safety as a country Washington - state review
Spokane is a city in eastern Washington.
It is the second-largest city in Washington State in the Pacific Northwest region and the largest in the Inland Northwest and Eastern Washington.
Spokane is the economic hub of an area that serves roughly 1.5 million people.
The city has a lot of beautiful parks, many with lush vegetation and lakes.
You can stroll and have picnics.
The city is also famous for its golf courses, you can learn here this sophisticated game.
During the year, the city hosts many cultural events and festivals, which often attract many tourists.
Warnings & Dangers in Spokane
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Spokane can be safe for traveling if you follow certain safety measures, especially lock your car and park in guarded parking lots. Do not mess with drug dealers, it is illegal here.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Public transport is quite safe, but you should be careful with pickpockets that can operate in crowded vehicles. Taxis are reliable, but call only licensed services. To do this, the application in your smartphone or the taxi service number that you recommend at the hotel is suitable.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Pickpockets are found in crowded places: bazaars, train stations and at festivals. Their goal is tourists who do not monitor their personal belongings. Always be mindful of your surroundings and those who ask or offer you help.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : LOW
Spokane is considered a reasonably safe region, and the risk from hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes is shallow here. Examine the surroundings before your trip here, but you are unlikely to encounter a severe natural disaster here.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
Grave robberies with attacks on people are rare here. But in some unfavorable areas of the city, this can happen more often than in others. Do not walk around the town late at night and do not attract the attention of intruders with cash and jewelry.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
Terrorists can try to carry out attacks in this region. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places visited by foreigners. You should monitor media reports and be vigilant at all times. Study the political environment before your trip here.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
In Spokane, tourists are sometimes deceived by selling tickets and tours to non-existent events. Be attentive to this risk and buy excursions only from licensed tour operators. It is also possible online and SMS fraud, but it rarely affects tourists.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Women can travel alone to Spokane if they adhere to security measures: do not walk around the city and beaches late at night, do not attract too much attention to their behavior and clothes. Be mindful of your surroundings and avoid areas remote from the city center.
So... How Safe Is Spokane Really?
Spokane is generally a relatively safe city.
Although some types of crimes are quite high.
For example, due to the high level of drug trafficking in the city, car thefts, vandalism, and theft, are widespread.
However, the rest of the city is considered quite safe and, subject to the usual security measures; you can feel quite calm here.
People in Spokane are usually quite kind and welcoming.
The city is relatively safe, and violent crimes are rare.
Due to constant problems with property crimes and car thefts in the city, it is dangerous to leave your car unattended.
Thus, when parking the car, be sure to lock the doors and make sure that all valuables are in the trunk.
The city had problems with homeless drug addicts (especially drug addicts), and he passed a law that requires the homeless to stay only in the city center, so you probably won’t have to deal with them so much in the rest of Spokane because of severe penalties if this law is violated, but if you are in the city center, expect to see them everywhere.
Also, be careful when walking along Riverfront Park or the Hundred Years Trail at night.
Do not swim or walk along the Spokane River, as this is very dangerous.
Drowning, unfortunately, is quite common.
How Does Spokane Compare?
|Siem Reap (Cambodia)||63|
|Phnom Penh (Cambodia)||61|
- Visas - Visitors to the United States must obtain a visa from one of the United States diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries. A valid passport is a must.
- Currency - The United States dollar is the official currency of the United States. It has a sign: $ and a code: USD. Also, it abbreviated US$. One dollar is divided into 100 cents (Symbol: ¢).
- Weather - The best times to visit Spokane for ideal weather are May to October. The average temperatures in Spokane vary drastically and the weather feels cold for about half of the year and otherwise nice with a fair chance of precipitation about half of the year.
- Airports - Spokane International Airport is a commercial airport approximately 8 km west of downtown Spokane, Washington. It is the primary airport serving the Inland Northwest. The airport covers 2,480 ha and operates two paved runways
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Spokane Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|