Israel : Safety by CityIsrael - safety as a country
Nazareth is Israel’s largest Arab city and it is not only a mini-metropolis but a sophisticated culinary and cultural destination as well.
Nazareth is described by some as ‘the Forgotten Son’ of Israeli tourism, but nowadays, more and more people come to admire its fascinating cultural sites.
The government is doing its best to improve its tourism infrastructure and get this city back onto Israel’s tourism map.
Tourists are especially fascinated by Nazareth’s Old City where they can find traditional Arabic produce.
Warnings & Dangers in Nazareth
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
In general, we can say that this part of Israel is quite safe and that you will feel trouble-free while in Nazareth, Overall, you are safer traveling in Israel than you are in most European countries or in the US when the crime rate is in question.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
You should know that buses are very safe to travel throughout Nazareth and that the crime rates in public transport are the lowest in Israel.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : HIGH
Nazareth, just like any other city in the world, has people who will try to pickpocket tourists, believing that they have more money on them or carry expensive gadgets.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
The natural disasters are not so frequent, except for the possibility of flood during long and heavy rainfalls in winter.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
There is a possibility of being mugged, especially if you are showing off with the expensive camera or mobiles in public.
TERRORISM RISK : HIGH
The risk from hostile war-related or terroristic activities to anyone traveling within Israel exists and you should gather all the necessary information before you decide to go there.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
Scams are very rare, and there are no reports of tourists experiencing this kind of trouble, except when taking a taxi.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Women can feel free to walk the streets of Nazareth as long as they do not attract attention by the way they are dressed.
So... How Safe Is Nazareth Really?
When the safety in Nazareth is in question, you should bear in mind that this city is not always safe to visit, so it is important to get familiar with the current situation prior to going there.
Usually, when there is a problem, there will be reports of anything happening in Nazareth.
If any trouble erupts, the area will be closed off by police and in that case, you should postpone your journey.
There can be frequent demonstrations in many of the areas of the city visited by tourists, so you need to be wise enough to avoid them.
Furthermore, if you are already there and you see anything that you prefer to stay away from, you just need to stay away, especially if the above-mentioned street demonstrations are in question.
We can conclude that Israel is a safe country to travel to, being that crime rates are low compared to other countries, as long as there is no hostility among the neighboring countries.
But, if you are still too worried about your safety, then you should go with tour guides and it would be safe.
How Does Nazareth Compare?
|Sao Paulo (Brazil)||45|
|Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)||43|
- Visas - Visa is not necessary for tourists visiting Israel for less than three months. They will have to pass a security check prior to entering the country.
- Currency - If you see the abbreviation ILS or NIS, you should know that it is Israel's official currency called the ‘shekel’. Make sure you exchange your money only in licensed exchange offices or banks.
- Weather - The weather conditions in Nazareth are ideal. During summer, the heat is not that high as in some other parts of Israel, while winters are mild with occasional rainfall.
- Airports - Rosh Pina Airport and Ben Gurion Airport are the closest ones that you can land on when visiting Nazareth.
- Travel Insurance - You are suggested to get the travel insurance prior to starting your journey to Israel, and it should cover medical problems, missed flights, and many other unpredictable issues.
Nazareth Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|