Tennessee : Safety by CityUnited States - safety as a country Tennessee - state review
Nashville is the capital and most populous city in Tennessee and its downtown area features a lot of entertainment, dining, cultural and architectural attractions.
These are the reasons why so many travelers decide to visit this city annually.
Furthermore, tourists can attend live performances of the Grand Ole Opry, the world’s longest-running live radio show.
Being that both cultural and architectural attractions can be found throughout the city, our suggestion is not to waste your time and start packing your suitcases without worrying about your safety there.
Nashville is waiting for you.
Warnings & Dangers in Nashville
OVERALL RISK : LOW
In order to remain safe in Nashville, tourists will need to keep in mind many things related to staying safe while traveling. Generally, the city has instances of criminal acts both in public places and in the means of transport, but vigilant tourists usually remain trouble-free.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : MEDIUM
No matter which transportation option you choose - trains, driving, taxis or buses, you need to stay alert in the means of public transport. Plus, you should make a deal with the taxi driver, so as not to be overcharged.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Both pickpockets and burglars in Nashville have the aim of stealing money, valuable things and passports. The only difference is that burglary involves someone unlawfully entering a building and committing a crime, while pickpockets often commit theft on the street.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
When autumn and springs are rainy, there is a chance of the area being flooded. In case of emergency, tourists should call the emergency service number and ask for help.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
In case of a robbery, particularly if it involves guns, do not resist, but comply with the robbers' demands. They are usually after your money and passport.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
If the worst were to happen, you should react wisely. When getting into the country, you can obtain the local emergency services number and call them for further guidelines.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
Being a victim of a crime can be a traumatic experience, especially if you do not expect it to happen. So you are suggested not to accept drinks and food from strangers.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
Generally speaking, women can be victims of pickpockets just like any other person. The best way of staying safe in Nashville is to avoid going out alone at night, and not attracting too much attention.
So... How Safe Is Nashville Really?
In this article, ideas on how to avoid certain situations and what to do if you become a victim of a crime are also included so as to make our readers ready for any kind of incident.
There were instances when tourists were attacked with the aim of taking their money and valuables.
If that happens to you, you should not touch any evidence that they may have left behind themselves.
You need to report the location of any evidence to the police.
Those who decide to rent a car and drive here must carry their driver’s license with them all the time and should avoid getting to the dangerous areas of the city, especially at night.
Sometimes, tourists might get lost in the dangerous parts, and it is important that they stay calm, do not panic and try to get out of those areas as soon as possible.
Those who decide to rent a car should know that many crimes involve thefts from automobiles.
Do not leave your belongings inside and do not sleep in a car on a car park or areas for rest by the road.
How Does Nashville Compare?
|New York City||67|
|Buenos Aires (Argentina)||60|
- Visas - No matter if you are coming for business, as a tourist or want to stay for a longer period of time, you will need to get a visa so as to be able to enter the country.
- Currency - The official currency of the United States is the American Dollar. You will need to exchange money, and you are suggested to do that only in banks and exchange offices.
- Weather - Nashville, Tennessee has a temperate climate, which includes warm summers and mild winters. During the winter snowfall occurs but it is usually not heavy.
- Airports - Nashville International Airport is both a public and military airport in the southeastern section of Nashville, Tennessee. It is located 8 miles east of downtown Nashville and it serves more than 17 million passengers per year.
- Travel Insurance - Each tourist is advised to take travel insurance prior to setting off on a journey. Hospitals in Nashville will ask for the insurance in case something happens to you and if you do not have it, they will charge you for their services.
Nashville Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|