Kentucky : Safety by CityUnited States - safety as a country Kentucky - state review
If you have decided that Louisville is your next tourist destination, you should make your travel arrangements prior to embarking on a trip to the USA.
These arrangements include gathering useful information about the safety situation there, possible natural dangers and different means of crime.
The Louisville police officers used to respond to crimes after they had already been committed, but now the government is doing its best so as to help in preventing crimes before they occur.
Louisville is known as the home of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali, but there are also numerous tourist attractions that are worth seeing.
Warnings & Dangers in Louisville
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
The overall risk of being injured or becoming a victim of petty crime in Louisville is medium, meaning that nobody can be 100% sure that nothing can happen to him/her. However, as long as you are vigilant, the chances of being attacked are low.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : MEDIUM
There are various transportation options in Louisville and whichever you choose, you need to be vigilant. Trains and buses are locations where pickpockets usually work.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Tourists are advised not to carry any more money than absolutely necessary and not to show their expensive gadgets as they may easily become prey of thieves and pickpockets.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
The possibility of the area being flooded during rainy days is high, and you need to get familiar with the current situations, especially if you plan to explore the surroundings.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
In the majority of instances, violent crimes involving guns happen among the residents and their gangs. However, tourists might find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time and get affected by this.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
The possibility of terrorist attacks in the USA exists, and the main terrorist threat today is emerging from across the political spectrum. The chances of being caught up in a terrorist incident are low but there were instances when tourists experienced it.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
You need to be aware of common scams that you might encounter while in Louisville. You might be called out to drink with the aim to get you drunk and steal your valuables.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
Being that Louisville is considered an extremely safe large city, females can enjoy their stay even if they come alone. Walking the deserted and poorly lighted streets at night should be avoided, even in the company of a man.
So... How Safe Is Louisville Really?
The United States of America is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world and it is understandable that many people want to visit some of its major cities.
When entering the USA, you will have to meet some entry requirements.
Besides the visa, most travelers heading to the USA will be required to have at least 6 months’ validity on their passport.
On the other hand, citizens from certain countries only need a passport valid for the length of their stay.
To ensure your visit to Louisville is a safe and happy one, we are offering a brief guide to health and safety in the U.S.
Prior to visiting certain areas that you consider prone to natural disasters, you should take a look at the service’s website which provides information in the event of a natural disaster or public health emergency.
Credit cards and bank cards are usually the preferred mode of payment if you want to protect yourself from pickpockets.
Our advice is not to take too much cash with you when visiting major tourist attractions, as they are the locations where robbers work.
How Does Louisville Compare?
|New York City||67|
|Buenos Aires (Argentina)||60|
- Visas - All tourists are required to obtain a visa which will allow them to enter the USA. The US visa application can be done at a US Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence.
- Currency - Once coming to the USA, you will have to use their official currency for the payment. The currency of the United States is the United States dollar – USD.
- Weather - Louisville has a humid subtropical climate. Seasonal extremes in both temperature and precipitation are not uncommon. July is the average hottest month.
- Airports - Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport is both a civil and a military airport in Louisville. The state of Kentucky is home to two international airports, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport and Louisville International Airport which both can be used when coming to Louisville.
- Travel Insurance - The reason why you should get the travel insurance prior to coming to Louisville is the expensiveness of medical services for foreigners. Make sure it covers luggage lost and missed flights as well.
Louisville Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|