Oregon : Safety by CityUnited States - safety as a country Oregon - state review
Bend is the county seat of Deschutes County in Central Oregon, located between the Cascade and Maury Mountains.
Bend is a tourist destination in both the summer and winter.
Bend is a natural playground for families and adventure travelers.
Hiking and fishing along the Deschutes river, mountain biking, and skiing at Mt. Enjoy award-winning restaurants or one of the nearly 30 breweries and pubs.
Sunny weather compliments the many world-class festivals and concerts.
Bend is a great spot for family-friendly fun as well, from the High Desert Museum to ski areas.
The city also has a lot of cafés and bars with a varied menu, which allows tourists to make real gastro tours in this area.
Warnings & Dangers in Bend
OVERALL RISK : LOW
Bend is a very safe city. You can use only common sense and feel relaxed at any time of the day or night. Nevertheless, do not forget to keep track of your belongings and pockets. Do not leave things unattended, and always close the machine.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
In Bend, you can use public transport without fear. Although more often they use rented vehicles or taxis. Taxis are quite safe, and you can use licensed services, which are quite a lot in the city.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Pickpockets can almost not be afraid, but do not lose vigilance. The city is very touristy, which means it seduces scammers. In lines and crowded places, keep an eye on your pockets and backpacks. Always keep an eye on your surroundings.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
There is little risk of a tornado in Bend. However, it is not high, and usually, winds are not very strong. Examine the weather and observatories in the city before your visit here. Take appropriate safety precautions.
MUGGING RISK : LOW
Serious robberies and armed attacks in Bend usually do not happen. However, do not be vigilant. Do not attract criminals with expensive jewelry and do not shine with cash. In the late evening, it is better to return to the hotel by taxi or in a group, not alone.
TERRORISM RISK : LOW
Terrorists can try to carry out attacks in the Bend region. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including places visited by foreigners. You should monitor media reports and be vigilant at all times. Study the political environment before your trip here.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
Fraud is not common here, but sometimes they can sell fake tours or tickets to various events. Be careful and buy tickets for tours and make reservations only with licensed and verified sellers and operators.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Women traveling alone can feel quite comfortable in Bend. The usual precautions are enough to be safe. Keep track of your surroundings and use a taxi to return to the hotel if you return late at night.
So... How Safe Is Bend Really?
Bend can be called one of the safest cities in the state and country.
The crime rate here is shallow. It ranges from negligible to low.
You can feel safe in Bend at any time of the day or night.
Bend is an immaculate and safe destination for travelers.
Nevertheless, it is always best to practice proactive security measures: secure your personal belongings (especially valuables).
Always lock doors to your automobile and hotel room, walk-in groups after dark, and do not flash cash, checks, credit cards, or any other form of payment around in a manner that is visible to crowds of people.
Since the city attracts many tourists and is famous for its active leisure, this can seduce petty criminals.
The usual security measures – such as keeping an eye on your belongings and not leaving bags unattended – are sufficient to stay safe.
Be careful during tours and excursions; some require sufficient physical fitness and endurance.
Order excursions and tours only from trusted and licensed tour operators so as not to fall into the scam trap.
Even though walking at night is entirely safe, be careful not to walk in remote areas of the city and unsafe places of the mountains alone.
How Does Bend Compare?
|Santiago de Chile (Chile)||71|
- Visas - Visitors to the United States must obtain a visa from one of the United States diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries. A valid passport is a must.
- Currency - The United States dollar is the official currency of the United States. It has a sign: $ and a code: USD. Also, it abbreviated US$. One dollar is divided into 100 cents (Symbol: ¢).
- Weather - The best times to visit Bend for ideal weather are mid-June to October. The average temperatures in Bend vary drastically and the weather feels cold for most of the year with a very low chance of rain or snow throughout the year.
- Airports - Bend Municipal Airport is 10 km northeast of Bend, in Deschutes County, Oregon. Bend Municipal Airport is identified as a Category 2, High Activity Business and General Aviation airport by the Oregon Department of Aviation
- Travel Insurance - The travel insurance policy is a must when visiting a foreign country. Make sure you got it before starting your journey, the customs officer may ask for it.
Bend Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|