Louisiana : Safety by CityUnited States - safety as a country Louisiana - state review
Baton Rouge is Louisiana’s capital city.
No matter if you come to Baton Rouge for leisure or business, we suggest you to enjoy all that the city has to offer.
You will enjoy your stay being that Louisiana’s capital city is proud of its unique history, music, culture and outdoors.
That is exactly what attracts a great number of visitors to Louisiana.
Furthermore, being that it has French, Spanish, Creole and Native American roots, this city is rich in its culture.
Last, but not least, the authorities have a passion for and an appreciation of the travel and tourism industry, investing a lot in making this city even more attractive to foreigners.
Warnings & Dangers in Baton Rouge
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
In case your safety is your main concern, you should read the travel advice for the city you are traveling to. We can say that Baton Rouge is neither more nor less dangerous than any other city in the world.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
People who like renting a car and visiting different surrounding areas should check the weather conditions before starting a journey. Furthermore, they should not sleep in the car by the roadside or in rest areas.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : HIGH
Just as in any other city, you need to protect yourself and your property against petty crime. The best advice that can be given is to avoid walking through less traveled areas alone, especially at night.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : HIGH
Baton Rouge is a place where you can experience tornadoes, which can occur at any time of the year depending on weather conditions. Some areas are prone to earthquakes, as well.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
Mugging might occur at night, particularly in those areas not so frequently visited by tourists. On the other hand, there have not been many reports with tourists involved in gunfire and violent crimes.
TERRORISM RISK : HIGH
The risk of a terrorist attack in the USA is high and they tend to target crowded places, especially those frequently visited by tourists. Remain vigilant, as attacks could take place with little or no notice.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
You should get the drink yourself and should keep an eye on it, as it can be spiked, particularly in crowded bars. The criminals will drug you that way so that they can take your money and valuables.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
Baton Rouge is a crowded tourist destination, and women should not feel worried about their safety as this lively city is considered safe for them.
So... How Safe Is Baton Rouge Really?
Many tourists are afraid of terrorist attacks in those countries where they are likely to happen, so they avoid visiting them.
When the USA is in question, you just need to be vigilant at all times, stay away from the places where you notice any kind of suspicious gatherings or demonstrations and follow the authorities’ announcements.
If you are less than 21 years old, you will not be allowed to buy alcohol.
Petty crime such as theft and pickpocketing can occur and it particularly happens in tourist locations and on public transport, so you need to be watchful and never leave your belongings unattended.
Travelers who are carrying electronic devices, such as laptops and mobile phones, should be aware that these devices may attract the attention of muggers and thefts, so they are suggested to pay special attention to them.
Violent crime rates vary considerably across cities, but incidents rarely involve tourists, so you do not have to worry much about it in Baton Rouge.
All in all, the majority of foreigners have spent an ideal vacation here, which was trouble-free, so you should not waste your time waiting, but come and visit this thrilling place.
How Does Baton Rouge Compare?
|Santiago de Chile (Chile)||71|
- Visas - You cannot enter the country without having a visa. People who come as tourists will need to obtain it and are usually allowed to stay in the country for up to three months.
- Currency - The United States dollar or American dollar is the official currency of the United States since 1792. You should never exchange money on the street. There are numerous ATMs throughout the city where you can get the money.
- Weather - Due to the perfect weather conditions, with the average temperatures always above 0 degrees Celsius, we can say that Baton Rouge is the place in which tourists will enjoy visiting both during summer and winter days.
- Airports - The best way of coming to Baton Rouge by plane is via Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport. It offers international flights and top airlines operating there are American Airlines, Delta, United, Alaska Airlines, Lufthansa and British Airways.
- Travel Insurance - No matter if you have checked your health prior to your journey, you can never know what might happen while you are out of your country. Getting travel insurance can save you a lot of trouble and money.
Baton Rouge Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|