Brno is the second-largest city of Chezch Republic after Prague located in the Southern part of the country at the confluence of two rivers and namely Svitava and Svratka.
The city is located really close to Austria and the Slovakia border where are held a wide range of exhibitions annually for which it is also known as the capital of trade fairs.
But the city fairs are not the only reason why a tourist should visit Brno, it is also known for its architecture as well as rich cultural life.
Warnings & Dangers in Brno
OVERALL RISK : LOW
Overall it can be claimed that it is a safe destination for tourists if all precautions measures will be taken into account and choose wisely your accommodation.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : LOW
Transport infrastructure is very developed in the city and as a result, traveling facilities are available everywhere and are claimed to be very safe. Taxi risk is diminished if use a labeled car.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
Pickpockets are often met here and therefore it is advisable to keep a close look at your belongings especially on your documents and try if possible not to carry all you have with you but instead store them in a safe place.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : LOW
There are no considerable natural disaster risks that can somehow affect you negatively.
MUGGING RISK : LOW
There is an increasing number of violent crimes in the city, meaning that in order for you to avoid such unpleasant cases you should opt for not walking alone at night in not-so populated places and take all measures to safeguard your possessions as well as yourself.
TERRORISM RISK : LOW
Terrorist attacks happening in the city can not be ruled out and the only solution to this would be to follow the advice of public authorities in case of emergency.
SCAMS RISK : LOW
There are scammers in the city but these could be easily avoided through using your common sense and not being easily influenced. If you feel some pressure on your choice from an unknown party it is advisable to report this behavior immediately.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : LOW
This is definitely a safe place for solo traveling women as their population is believed to be open-minded and non-discriminatory.
So... How Safe Is Brno Really?
Overall it is a safe destination for you as a tourist from almost all perspectives, but it is advisable to take all measures in order to preserve your safety and security.
In recent years with the development of tourism in the city the cases of robberies, thefts, and crime, in general, have increased, which means that you as a tourist should choose wisely your accommodation which will ensure your safety.
Be aware of a big gang of pickpockets that operate in the touristic areas and keep a close look at your belongings, especially your documents.
Also, it is recommended to always have a mobile phone from which in case of emergency you will be able to call as well as have a list of numbers in a written form also.
Even if it is claimed to be safe there are some neighborhoods that are advisable especially by night not to be visited alone, which can be easily found out when talking with locals or hosts of your accommodation.
Taking everything into account and following all the above-mentioned pieces of advice you will be able to safely enjoy your trip.
How Does Brno Compare?
|Sao Paulo (Brazil)||45|
|Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)||43|
|Siem Reap (Cambodia)||63|
|Phnom Penh (Cambodia)||61|
|Niagara Falls (Canada)||87|
- Visas - It depends on your citizenship whether you need a visa or not, but all the required information is clearly provided by the web-site of the public authorities.
- Currency - The local currency is the Czech crown (koruna), you can find many currency exchanges throughout the city that will accept most currencies. The use of the Euro is very limited in the country, so be aware it is not a good substitute and you should convert it to make purchases.
- Weather - Brno has a warm and temperate climate, which means that summers are warm and dry while winters are fairly cold.
- Airports - Brno–Tuřany Airport is the airport located approximately 7 kilometers from the city that operates a wide range of flights, therefore, is considered to be the second busiest airport in the country.
- Travel Insurance - As it is always recommended to have travel insurance while traveling, no matter the destination, therefore, Brno is not an exception.
Brno Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|
Czech Republic - Safety by City