Oklahoma : Safety by CityUnited States - safety as a country Oklahoma - state review
Oklahoma is Oklahoma’s capital city, and it is known for The University of Oklahoma, the finest collection of Natural History Artifacts and a charming and energetic atmosphere.
The city is proud to be home to one of the fastest-growing entertainment districts, as well as numerous museums and theme parks, making the city attractive both to younger generations as well as their parents.
The must-see sights of Oklahoma are the popular Bricktown Entertainment District, the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.
Warnings & Dangers in Oklahoma City
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Oklahoma City is as dangerous as any other city in the world when criminal acts are in question. Travelers just need to act as they would do wherever they go and take precautionary measures.
TRANSPORT & TAXIS RISK : MEDIUM
People in cars can sometimes be targeted by thieves, being that robberies from cars have been reported. The risk of being the victim of pickpockets in buses exists so stay watchful of your belongings.
PICKPOCKETS RISK : MEDIUM
It is very important that you pay attention to your surroundings when using electronics on the streets or in the means of public transport. Do not text and walk and avoid displaying expensive gadgets.
NATURAL DISASTERS RISK : MEDIUM
The possible natural disasters are hurricanes, forest fires, and floods. Being that this is an area that boasts hot summers, wildfires are quite frequent.
MUGGING RISK : MEDIUM
In order not to be mugged, keep your purse, wallet, keys, or other valuable items with you at all times and the best way is to keep them in your bag, so as not to be seen. Violent crime acts are not against tourists, but the risk still exists.
TERRORISM RISK : MEDIUM
Usually, holidaymakers are not targeted when it comes to terrorism, but they can be impacted by the attack if they find themselves in a public place that is attacked. However, you should not expect anything bad to happen.
SCAMS RISK : MEDIUM
To minimize the risk of being scammed, pay attention to your surroundings, do not leave your food and drink unattended and minimize the amount of time you talk to strangers.
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK : MEDIUM
Females can easily become targets of criminals if they walk alone at night, particularly in poorly lit streets and dangerous areas. If they notice anyone acting in a suspicious manner, or if they feel threatened, they should immediately call the police.
So... How Safe Is Oklahoma City Really?
So as to remain safe and sound in Oklahoma City, you will need to follow the advice of authorities in case of emergency.
If you have taken travel insurance, you will have the options for both short and long term medical assistance if an accident happens to you.
That way you will save a lot of money, as medical services here are quite expensive.
In the majority of cases, tourists are not the target of violent crimes, but if you happen to be attacked, it is better to give them your money and valuables and not to resist, so as not to get injured.
Tourists coming to Oklahoma City rarely decide to drive, but if that is the case, you need to be very careful on Oklahoma’s streets and should never leave your car in poorly lighted streets or areas know as dangerous ones.
In order to feel safe, you need to reduce or eliminate opportunities that may make you a target and trust your instincts.
Once you notice unusual or suspicious activities, stay away from that place or call 911.
Remain vigilant and watchful all the time, even in those places where you feel comfortable.
How Does Oklahoma City Compare?
- Visas - Each traveler to the USA has to obtain a visa so as to be able to enter the country. There are entry requirements that have to be met and you should inform yourself about them, as they vary from country to country.
- Currency - The official currency in the USA is the American dollar. This currency is considered the strongest one in the world. Taking big sums of money with you when on the streets is not suggested.
- Weather - Oklahoma City is experiencing hot and humid summer months, but the heat is tempered by the winds that usually come from the south or south-southeast. Winters are mild and mostly rainy.
- Airports - Oklahoma City boasts with three airports and those are Will Rogers World Airport, Wiley Post Airport, and Clarence E. Page Airport. Will Rogers World Airport is the greatest one.
- Travel Insurance - The suggestion for each traveler is to make sure he/she has health and travel insurance before the visit, being that health care costs in the USA are some of the highest in the world.
Oklahoma City Weather Averages (Temperatures)
Average High/Low Temperature
|Temperature / Month||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|